Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?
(05-12-2015 12:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 07:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Who said I think anyone else believes what I believe? Not me. Go project your lies on someone else.

Fact:

God cannot be proven or disproved.

So who is lying when they say all religion is a lie?

Rhetorical

If religion were merely the statement, God exists, you could be on track. You don't even accept that as the point. There is many things every religion states, because of what the concept of what religion is via it's definition. Faith/belief in God alone isn't Religion. A collection of beliefs, rituals, symbols, or views in regards to afterlife/deities is what religion is.
No religion is perfect as no human is perfect. Through unity by way of fending for the betterment of all creation as a whole people of all walks can come together.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 01:44 PM
(05-12-2015 01:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 12:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If religion were merely the statement, God exists, you could be on track. You don't even accept that as the point. There is many things every religion states, because of what the concept of what religion is via it's definition. Faith/belief in God alone isn't Religion. A collection of beliefs, rituals, symbols, or views in regards to afterlife/deities is what religion is.
No religion is perfect as no human is perfect. Through unity by way of fending for the betterment of all creation as a whole people of all walks can come together.

By realizing and refuting bullshit that adds no value to our current state of evolution.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
05-12-2015, 06:50 PM
So pops you have one example of a lone atheist youth committing an act of violence and openly stating that his atheism was a motivating factor.

Would you care to compare that to the acts of extremist violence perpetrated in the name of religion?

No? Then shut the fuck up about the behavior of atheists. In fact, just shut the fuck period.
05-12-2015, 09:48 PM
(03-12-2015 09:04 AM)Toney Wrote:  With all the shootings and wars, isn't it you duty as a human to move from a passive Atheist to a Anti-theist?

Davis Silverman said this: "Some … people call me a (jerk) because I challenge the absurd notion that religion deserves respect by default. But religion is wrong for demanding respect simply for being, and even more wrong for demanding never to be questioned. Indeed, it is my duty as an American, as an atheist, and as a nice person to do what I can to take religion down — not by force, not by law, but by truth.”

And that truth, he writes, is simple: “all religions are lies, and all believers are victims.”

I believe that the human race will never survive religion.

We've survived religion for a damn long time as it is, and it shouldn't be anybody's "duty" to subscribe to anti-theism, lest antitheists wish to utilize the same rhetoric as religious proselytizers.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-12-2015, 11:37 AM
(03-12-2015 09:04 AM)Toney Wrote:  With all the shootings and wars, isn't it you duty as a human to move from a passive Atheist to a Anti-theist?

Davis Silverman said this: "Some … people call me a (jerk) because I challenge the absurd notion that religion deserves respect by default. But religion is wrong for demanding respect simply for being, and even more wrong for demanding never to be questioned. Indeed, it is my duty as an American, as an atheist, and as a nice person to do what I can to take religion down — not by force, not by law, but by truth.”

And that truth, he writes, is simple: “all religions are lies, and all believers are victims.”

I believe that the human race will never survive religion.

I never really understood the purpose or means of anti-theist. I mean are they suppose to go door to door or something? Troll every theists in sight? At least right wing Islamophobes support policy initiatives, like banning burqas, and mosques, and muslim immigrants.

It seems to me that an anti-theists is bit more than someone who supports the separation of church and state, but it's not clear what that more amounts to, other than some bloated vitriol?

I think the image of the anti-theists has dissolved over the years, time hasn't been too kind to Dawkins and Harris, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that you seem to want to resurrect the mantle they paved.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
06-12-2015, 12:34 PM
(06-12-2015 11:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I think the image of the anti-theists has dissolved over the years, time hasn't been too kind to Dawkins and Harris, so it comes as a bit of a surprise that you seem to want to resurrect the mantle they paved.

Bwahahahaha.
Time hasn't very too kind to your stupid cults and gods.
In fact Archeology and history have pretty much debunked all of the nonsense claimed in their collection of books.

Dawkins and Harris are doing one hell of a lot better than you ever will, sport.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-12-2015, 12:46 PM
(06-12-2015 12:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Dawkins and Harris are doing one hell of a lot better than you ever will, sport.

I know right, attacking feminism, and a 14 year old's science project, and expounding on the merits of far-right Islamophoebic rhetoric.

Harris and Dawkins while relevant a few years ago, make news now a days for fodder for an Onion piece, and South Park Cartoons. It's usually other atheists attacking them nowadays than theists.

Anti-theism hasn't shown itself to be anything other than disgruntled secular liberal white male rage, a means of some small sub-sect of atheists to vent, but has no real political agenda, all bark and no teeth, unlike there conservative twins at the Tea Party, and Donal Trump rallies.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
(06-12-2015 12:46 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 12:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Dawkins and Harris are doing one hell of a lot better than you ever will, sport.

I know right, attacking feminism, and a 14 year old's science project, and expounding on the merits of far-right Islamophoebic rhetoric.

Harris and Dawkins while relevant a few years ago, make news now a days for fodder for an Onion piece, and South Park Cartoons. It's usually other atheists attacking them nowadays than theists.

Anti-theism hasn't shown itself to be anything other than disgruntled secular liberal white male rage, a means of some small sub-sect of atheists to vent, but has no real political agenda, all bark and no teeth, unlike there conservative twins at the Tea Party, and Donal Trump rallies.

Anti-theism can take many forms, sport.
The FACT that theism is generally declining in the most educated societies is well known. Just learning about your idiot cults is anti-theism, as far as I can see.

Nice try with that old tired angry-atheist nonsense.
Get some new lines, please.
Yawn.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-12-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 01:13 PM by Tomasia.)
(06-12-2015 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Anti-theism can take many forms, sport.

Nice try with that old tired angry-atheist nonsense.
Get some new lines, please.
Yawn.

No, anti-theism is not the same as atheism. In fact anti-theists make up only a small handful of atheists, about 15% of atheists.

And I hate to break the news to you, but anti-theists really are just angry atheists, but they don't represent atheists in general.

Quote:The FACT that theism is generally declining in the most educated societies is well known.

Religion has been declining in the Western world for some time, primarily because religion has lost it's meaning and significance in the lives of many people, who don't see any need of it any longer.

06-12-2015, 01:22 PM
(05-12-2015 07:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Fact:

God cannot be proven or disproved.

In exactly the same way that leprechauns cannot be proved or disproved? Tongue

As the proponent for the existence of gods (or the Christian god specifically) the onus of proof is on you to provide empirical evidence for its existence.

If I claim that I can fly, I have to prove it to you by jumping off the roof of a 10-storey building. It's not up to you to disprove that I can fly; the onus is entirely upon me to prove that I can.