Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 12:08 AM
RE: Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?
(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Scientific hypothesis change with the addition of new evidence, this is their greatest strength.

Religious convictions and dogmas do not, it is their greatest weakness.

Now fuck off you ignorant equivocating pathetic pile of tripe.
You are ignorant. What do you think the law was? What do you think the new covenant was? What do you think the second coming is for?

Well fucknuts, what about Muhammad? What about Joseph Smith? They did what the Christians did before them, built upon the foundation before them. What they wrote is no more evidence for the truth of what they claim, because you cannot cite them as evidence for themselves; or as a source of dogma's changing with 'evidence'. They created new cults by making shit up and modifying what came before, same as the Christians did to the other mystery faiths and Judaism, same as the Jews did to the Canaanites, Babylonians, and Zoroastrians before them.

(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There are many differences between us. The one I highlight here is your lack of vision due to bias on multiple levels.

Demanding evidence for positive belief claims is not a bias you ignorant fuck.

(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are clouded with spite for a thing you literally don't get.

Oh, I do understand you are an ignorant jackass.

(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't get it because you haven't experienced it, or perceived it rather.

Objective evidence isn't built upon 'feels' and 'experiences'. If you actually had any real evidence, it would stand on it's own without anyone needing to 'feel' or 'experience' it you incredulous shit.

All this does is relegate your bullshit to the same level as all other baseless faith claims, your 'evidence' is no better than the empty claims made by any and all other faith traditions. Which is to say, it's shit.

(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You won't perceive it because of the spite; a negative emotion that doesn't help shit.

I hate you, I hate your purposeful ignorance, I hate your false equivocations. But if there comes a day when we have independent, verifiable, objective evidence that shows beyond a reasonable doubt the positive existence of the super natural and the divine? I will change my opinions and beliefs accordingly to accommodate the new evidence.

You cannot do the same, because in a world currently lacking such evidence, you maintain your positive belief in the unfounded.

Now fuck off.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2015, 12:11 AM
(08-12-2015 12:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good thing I'm not making anything up.

[Image: quote-what-can-be-asserted-without-evide...-33-53.jpg]

Now fuck off.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2015, 12:42 AM
(08-12-2015 12:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Making up new shit is not the same as getting new and better evidence. If you actually knew how to understand and evaluate evidence enough to understand the polytheistic pagan origins of your anonymously written plagiarisms of ancient fables, you might actually understand this.

If you had any evidence at all, it wouldn't need to rely upon me 'feeling it' to be compelling. Epic failure on your part.

Stupid fucking moron.
Good thing I'm not making anything up.

That's why we keep thinking you should actually get help. We especially think so more for you in these cases, not just a random theist not the various other theists around here like tomasia or Jason-d-whatever his name is, but you certainly.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-12-2015, 01:05 AM
(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are ignorant. What do you think the law was? What do you think the new covenant was? What do you think the second coming is for?

There are many differences between us. The one I highlight here is your lack of vision due to bias on multiple levels. You are clouded with spite for a thing you literally don't get. You don't get it because you haven't experienced it, or perceived it rather. You won't perceive it because of the spite; a negative emotion that doesn't help shit.

Pop's. I am beginning to become concerned. I looked at your bio and it is empty. May I ask, how old are you? Are you an adult?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-12-2015, 07:45 AM
(07-12-2015 11:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Scientific hypothesis change with the addition of new evidence, this is their greatest strength.

Religious convictions and dogmas do not, it is their greatest weakness.

Now fuck off you ignorant equivocating pathetic pile of tripe.
You are ignorant. What do you think the law was? What do you think the new covenant was? What do you think the second coming is for?

There are many differences between us. The one I highlight here is your lack of vision due to bias on multiple levels. You are clouded with spite for a thing you literally don't get. You don't get it because you haven't experienced it, or perceived it rather. You won't perceive it because of the spite; a negative emotion that doesn't help shit.

Well, it's kind of hard to "get it," Pops, when you don't ever provide a specific claim that is backed up and explicated with references, scripture, etc., or answer the numerous direct questions that have been asked of you, or counter the references and scriptures that people post that completely contradict your bullshit.

For example: your task in the example above should be to argue/explain how the law, the new covenant, and the second coming represent a change in religious dogma that is analogous to the way scientific hypotheses change with new data (rather than different, incompatible, and unchanged dogmas of two abrahamic religions)--and you failed miserably. What you did instead was make a couple of vague claims and then go on an ad hominem attack.

The main "bias" here is against willful stupidity. If you're tired of experiencing that, show your work: quote the scriptures from various religious texts that you feel support your point and explain how they pertain to your woo or to the issue at hand.

Instead, I expect you'll again retreat from the thread or pretend not to have seen responses that challenge your assertions, and I'm hoping very much that you'll eventually get ban-hammered for this behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-12-2015, 07:53 AM
(07-12-2015 11:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 07:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Just cause someone isn't telling what they think is a lie doesn't mean they ain't full of shit! Undecided

[Image: image.png]
As observable by reviewing any scientific hypothesis that has since been changed.

You clearly do not understand what a hypothesis is. Or evidence. Or science. Or rational thought.

Why am I not surprised?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-12-2015, 07:55 AM
(08-12-2015 12:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Making up new shit is not the same as getting new and better evidence. If you actually knew how to understand and evaluate evidence enough to understand the polytheistic pagan origins of your anonymously written plagiarisms of ancient fables, you might actually understand this.

If you had any evidence at all, it wouldn't need to rely upon me 'feeling it' to be compelling. Epic failure on your part.

Stupid fucking moron.
Good thing I'm not making anything up.

No, you're just blindly following those who did make shit up. You are a dupe.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-12-2015, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 08:18 AM by Tomasia.)
(06-12-2015 10:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Show me one place in either article that says the 15% are "just angry atheists".

Youtube.

Anti-theism, is just another outlet for white male disgruntlement, a secular man's alternative to the tea party. It just a subset of atheists, that need something to be angry about, and some group or people to take it out on. If they were white conservative christians, it would be muslims and blacks, since their bourgeois rationalist the target is exclusively the religious.

I'm not conflating this group with atheists, or suggesting that most atheists are angry, in fact anti-theists are a minority of atheists. Their just a part of a larger symptom affecting multiple groups, of folks looking for scapegoats in senseless and frustrating world, that unites the Tea Party, the Mizzou Protestors, Donald Trump Supports, and anti-theists.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-12-2015, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 08:42 AM by Chas.)
(08-12-2015 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 10:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Show me one place in either article that says the 15% are "just angry atheists".

Youtube.

Anti-theism, is just another outlet for white male disgruntlement, a secular man's alternative to the tea party. It just a subset of atheists, that need something to be angry about, and some group or people to take it out on. If they were white conservative christians, it would be muslims and blacks, since their bourgeois rationalist the target is exclusively the religious.

I'm not conflating this group with atheists, or suggesting that most atheists are angry, in fact anti-theists are a minority of atheists. Their just a part of a larger symptom affecting multiple groups, of folks looking for scapegoats in senseless and frustrating world, that unites the Tea Party, the Mizzou Protestors, Donald Trump Supports, and anti-theists.

Who are these disgruntled white male anti-theists of whom you speak? Is this one of them?

[Image: ayaan-hirsi-ali.jpg]

Or are you once again just blowing smoke out your ass? Consider

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-12-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 08:54 AM by Tomasia.)
(08-12-2015 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Who are these disgruntled white male anti-theists of whom you speak? Is this one of them?

[Image: ayaan-hirsi-ali.jpg]

Or are you once again just blowing smoke out your ass? Consider

Sorry, I forgot the one Allen West.

I also think you forgot that she's not so much an anti-theist, but anti-Islam. In fact she thinks muslims converting to christianity would be a solution.

"In her National Press Club talk, Hirsi Ali admitted that her initial hope for many Muslims was that they would convert—to Christianity. “Back then I was promoting the idea, if you’re a peace-loving, tolerant Muslim and you want to be religious, why not convert to Christianity?” She confessed to sending “a very naïve letter” to the Pope, imploring him to “capture the hearts and minds of all of these millions of people who are spiritual, in search of redemption.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/islam-ayaa...cle/918196

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."