Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?
(08-12-2015 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Who are these disgruntled white male anti-theists of whom you speak?

To be disgruntled requires one to have been gruntled in the first place Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 09:02 AM
(08-12-2015 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 10:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Show me one place in either article that says the 15% are "just angry atheists".

Youtube.

Anti-theism, is just another outlet for white male disgruntlement, a secular man's alternative to the tea party. It just a subset of atheists, that need something to be angry about, and some group or people to take it out on. If they were white conservative christians, it would be muslims and blacks, since their bourgeois rationalist the target is exclusively the religious.

I'm not conflating this group with atheists, or suggesting that most atheists are angry, in fact anti-theists are a minority of atheists. Their just a part of a larger symptom affecting multiple groups, of folks looking for scapegoats in senseless and frustrating world, that unites the Tea Party, the Mizzou Protestors, Donald Trump Supports, and anti-theists.

Oh look, more stupid shit from the king of bullshit. Dodgy How fucking surprising.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
08-12-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 09:05 AM by Adrianime.)
(08-12-2015 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Youtube.
?
Quote:Anti-theism, is just another outlet for white male disgruntlement, a secular man's alternative to the tea party.
What? Why are you saying these things?
Quote:It just a subset of atheists, that need something to be angry about, and some group or people to take it out on.
Being an atheist is not a requirement to be an anti-theist. You can be a theist and be anti-theist. Anti-theism is better understood when read as "anti-religion". You can believe in a god, but be against organized religion.

Quote:If they were white conservative christians, it would be muslims and blacks, since their bourgeois rationalist the target is exclusively the religious.
? You are just making stuff up, no?
Quote:I'm not conflating this group with atheists, or suggesting that most atheists are angry, in fact anti-theists are a minority of atheists.
That's nice, now you just need to realize that anti-theist and angry atheist are not synonymous. One doesn't need to be angry or atheist to be anti-theist.

Quote:Their just a part of a larger symptom affecting multiple groups, of folks looking for scapegoats in senseless and frustrating world, that unites the Tea Party, the Mizzou Protestors, Donald Trump Supports, and anti-theists.
You seem to want anti-theists to be a pointed nose angry group of individuals. You don't seem to care about trying to understand us, what we are about, or why. You continue to misrepresent us, and it's this type of thing that perpetuates a negative image of anti-theism even among atheists.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
08-12-2015, 09:07 AM
(08-12-2015 09:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
?
Quote:Anti-theism, is just another outlet for white male disgruntlement, a secular man's alternative to the tea party.
Quote:It just a subset of atheists, that need something to be angry about, and some group or people to take it out on.
Being an atheist is not a requirement to be an anti-theist. You can be a theist and be anti-theist. Anti-theism is better understood when read as "anti-religion". You can believe in a god, but be against organized religion.

Quote:If they were white conservative christians, it would be muslims and blacks, since their bourgeois rationalist the target is exclusively the religious.
? You are just making stuff up, no?
Quote:I'm not conflating this group with atheists, or suggesting that most atheists are angry, in fact anti-theists are a minority of atheists.
That's nice, now you just need to realize that anti-theist and angry atheist are not synonymous. One doesn't need to be angry or atheist to be anti-theist.

Quote:Their just a part of a larger symptom affecting multiple groups, of folks looking for scapegoats in senseless and frustrating world, that unites the Tea Party, the Mizzou Protestors, Donald Trump Supports, and anti-theists.
You seem to want anti-theists to be a pointed nose angry group of individuals. You don't seem to care about trying to understand us, what we are about, or why. You continue to misrepresent us, and it's this type of thing that perpetuates a negative image of anti-theism even among atheists.

"You are just making stuff up, no?"

That's what he does Drinking Beverage

-Rick
08-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Tommyboy, do you ever find it odd that so many call you on your bullshit and so few (if any) agree with you on anything? A rational/logical/intelligent person might take this as a hint that they are wrong, but you just keep doubling down. Your dedication to your ignorance is almost admirable Laughat

-Rick
08-12-2015, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 09:23 AM by cjlr.)
(08-12-2015 09:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
?

I dunno, you've kinda got to admire the sheer reality-denying ballsiness of him saying that you, a man who's not white.

Don't you?

(08-12-2015 09:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  ? You are just making stuff up, no?

That's him all right.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
08-12-2015, 09:20 AM
(08-12-2015 09:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 09:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  ?

I dunno, you've kinda got to admire the sheer reality-denying ballsiness of him saying that you, a man who's not white.

Don't you?

(08-12-2015 09:02 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  You seem to want anti-theists to be a pointed nose angry group of individuals. You don't seem to care about trying to understand us, what we are about, or why. You continue to misrepresent us, and it's this type of thing that perpetuates a negative image of anti-theism even among atheists.

That's him all right.

Your facts won't phase him Big Grin

-Rick
08-12-2015, 09:23 AM
(08-12-2015 09:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 09:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I dunno, you've kinda got to admire the sheer reality-denying ballsiness of him saying that you, a man who's not white.

Don't you?

That's him all right.

Your facts won't phase him Big Grin

[Image: f7a76e67a079381334715e3e481886f5.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2015, 09:25 AM
(08-12-2015 09:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 09:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your facts won't phase him Big Grin

The perpetually correct Dr. House. Ol' tommyboy has made the truth of that quote abundantly clear time and time again.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
08-12-2015, 09:28 AM
(08-12-2015 09:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 09:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your facts won't phase him Big Grin

To be fair, I've known plenty of non-religious people who couldn't be reasoned with either.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post