Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?
No. Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
(03-12-2015 10:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree that believers are victims of religion. I would love a world without religion, a world where people think for themselves instead of living their lives based on the wants and needs of a man-made sky god(s). I don't think going the anti-theist route is the answer though. I think it causes religious people to dig their heels in even more. Atheists are the enemy in brainwashed religious delusion. Anything we do to appear even more anti-religion will cause them to delve further into their faith since we are viewed as potentially angering god(s). Religious people don't live in reality--they believe their truth is within the pages of an ancient book. It is really difficult to argue/debate with someone when their answer is always "magic." It is also really hard to undo religious brainwashing--especially when someone does not want to come out of delusion. Sadly, I don't think religion is ever going to fully go away.

Then show them the truth about "magic". It's just something we don't understand yet. Science has killed of many gods. Just a few left to destroy.
03-12-2015, 10:36 AM
(03-12-2015 10:33 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage

Why?
03-12-2015, 10:37 AM
(03-12-2015 10:36 AM)Toney Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:33 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage

Why?

Because who the fuck are you to say what "my duty" is?

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
03-12-2015, 10:37 AM
(03-12-2015 10:35 AM)Toney Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree that believers are victims of religion. I would love a world without religion, a world where people think for themselves instead of living their lives based on the wants and needs of a man-made sky god(s). I don't think going the anti-theist route is the answer though. I think it causes religious people to dig their heels in even more. Atheists are the enemy in brainwashed religious delusion. Anything we do to appear even more anti-religion will cause them to delve further into their faith since we are viewed as potentially angering god(s). Religious people don't live in reality--they believe their truth is within the pages of an ancient book. It is really difficult to argue/debate with someone when their answer is always "magic." It is also really hard to undo religious brainwashing--especially when someone does not want to come out of delusion. Sadly, I don't think religion is ever going to fully go away.

Then show them the truth about "magic". It's just something we don't understand yet. Science has killed of many gods. Just a few left to destroy.

I agree in showing them the truth, but those who don't want to see it will not listen no matter what you do. Religion is a form of brainwashing--showing someone the truth doesn't always work.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
03-12-2015, 10:43 AM
labels of which I don't really care for or know if I "am" or "am not" such a thing. But here is good video evidence to show what is needed to be mocked.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-12-2015, 10:52 AM
The problem with all religions - is they expect today to be the same as yesterday -- or 100 years ago....

For instance ---- "Go Forth and Multiply" ---- fuck me -- if that's not an outdated concept - what is????? In case these kneebound morons haven't noticed - there's 8 BILLION people on the planet....... At what point does "poplulate" become "infest"???? I'm guessing it was when the population was back in the millions, not billions.....

Long story short --- the religitards need to grow up.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-12-2015, 10:58 AM
(03-12-2015 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The problem with all religions - is they expect today to be the same as yesterday -- or 100 years ago....

For instance ---- "Go Forth and Multiply" ---- fuck me -- if that's not an outdated concept - what is????? In case these kneebound morons haven't noticed - there's 8 BILLION people on the planet....... At what point does "poplulate" become "infest"???? I'm guessing it was when the population was back in the millions, not billions.....

Long story short --- the religitards need to grow up.

Fortunately, cultural evolution is always doing it's thing regardless of whether or not we try to force it. Unfortunately, there are usually growing pains. I like to think we're on the verge of an era where secularism provides a significant adaptive advantage to bullshitism.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-12-2015, 11:04 AM
(03-12-2015 10:37 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:36 AM)Toney Wrote:  Why?

Because who the fuck are you to say what "my duty" is?

Who said it was your duty? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2015, 11:08 AM
(03-12-2015 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:37 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Because who the fuck are you to say what "my duty" is?

Who said it was your duty? Consider

OP did:

Quote:With all the shootings and wars, isn't it you duty as a human to move from a passive Atheist to a Anti-theist?