Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: Is it time for you to become Anti-theist?
(04-12-2015 10:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sorry. No one can honestly say that all religion is a lie.

I can.

(04-12-2015 10:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Violent extremists are not only religious. Remember like a month ago. Violent extremist are actually a very small, very confused minority. Pinning all extremist mass murders and terror acts in the religious in general is being deceitful.

Imagine that. Deceitful atheists. Must be rare, like extremist, murderous atheists. Nah, just kidding, liars are everywhere and not isolated to atheists, just like murderers evidently.

You are a fucktard.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
04-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah anyone can say it. The trick is being honest while saying it.
04-12-2015, 11:04 PM
(04-12-2015 11:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah anyone can say it. The trick is being honest while saying it.

I am completely honest when I say it.

There is no evidence for any gods and there is quite a lot of evidence for religions being venial, manipulative, and manipulated. Religions cause more harm than good.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Not to mention that this thread is like a call to arms for more extremists.

Hypocritical much?
04-12-2015, 11:55 PM
(04-12-2015 11:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not to mention that this thread is like a call to arms for more extremists.

Hypocritical much?

What? Extremist truth tellers? Extremist skeptics? Extremist educators? Extremist humanists?

I fail to see your point.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
05-12-2015, 12:03 AM
(04-12-2015 11:12 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not to mention that this thread is like a call to arms for more extremists.

Hypocritical much?

To any potentially or actually violent extremists reading this thread: please visit the rest of the forum also. You are welcome to join us, enjoy conversation both lighthearted and serious, and endure the ill-manners of a few.

Also,
[Image: imgp1174_0.jpg]
05-12-2015, 12:54 AM
I can honestly say that all religions are straight bullshit. If I'm an extremist for calling out unsupported woo then so be it.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
05-12-2015, 07:05 AM
(04-12-2015 10:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:04 AM)Toney Wrote:  With all the shootings and wars, isn't it you duty as a human to move from a passive Atheist to a Anti-theist?

Davis Silverman said this: "Some … people call me a (jerk) because I challenge the absurd notion that religion deserves respect by default. But religion is wrong for demanding respect simply for being, and even more wrong for demanding never to be questioned. Indeed, it is my duty as an American, as an atheist, and as a nice person to do what I can to take religion down — not by force, not by law, but by truth.”

And that truth, he writes, is simple: “all religions are lies, and all believers are victims.”

I believe that the human race will never survive religion.
Sorry. No one can honestly say that all religion is a lie.

Violent extremists are not only religious. Remember like a month ago. Violent extremist are actually a very small, very confused minority. Pinning all extremist mass murders and terror acts in the religious in general is being deceitful.

Imagine that. Deceitful atheists. Must be rare, like extremist, murderous atheists. Nah, just kidding, liars are everywhere and not isolated to atheists, just like murderers evidently.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-12-2015, 07:24 AM
It takes all of us to make a change. Just look at the history of gay rights.

It takes the radical folks making lots of noise, so that a conversation is started.

It takes launching legal challenges, so that atheist rights are implemented.

It takes the quiet ones, like uncle Joe, to come out. The more people "know someone" who is an atheist and is "actually a nice person", the faster society changes.

That is what worked for gays, and that is what is starting to work for us. We have the noise and the conversation, we have the legal challenges, and what we need a lot of is people coming out of the closet. Everyone knows one or more atheists already, but the atheists remain closeted.

That is why I like this place so much, people gain confidence here and many have come out after joining here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-12-2015, 07:27 AM
(04-12-2015 10:24 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sorry. No one can honestly say that all religion is a lie.

Psychologists call this "projection".

You've got this delusion - and you're CONVINCED that everyone else believes it too.

Sorry - not the case.

Your sky buddy, and everything about him is imaginary.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.