Is it time yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: Is it time yet?
(09-08-2012 07:46 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I forgot to add smooshmonster.. my bad:

Atothetheist
bemore
Chas
earmuffs
Erxomai
Filox
itsacow
LadyJane
Magoo
Smooshmonster
Thebeardeddude
Vosur

If someone want to send an invite to kineo, leela and girly go ahead!

If anyone else wants to join the more the merrier. I'll send out roles around Sunday evening - my time.

I have no effin' idea how to play. Just sayin'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Chas, check out the rules in the first mafia game thread.
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
When will this begin?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
10-08-2012, 09:45 AM
(10-08-2012 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  When will this begin?

Deep is sending roles out on The Lord's Day.

(That's Sunday for all you devil worshippers).

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Chas, here are the rules Muffs originally posted. Follow the link at the bottom and you'll get more details and an idea of the sorts of characters that can pop up in the game.

Of course, in this version we're Creationists or Scientists instead of Townies and Mafia.

Rules:

- Forum Mafia is played with any number of people as long as that number is above 5 or 6. The more, the better (In my opinion).
- It is a game between the Mafia and the Townsfolk (everyone else).
- The game works in phases. The night phase, and the day phase.
- Once everybody who wants to play has stated so, I (the 'moderator') will send private messages to all those involved.
- In the private message will be your assigned role. Because this is a first time the roles will be simple. If this is successful and there is expressed interest in a number 2 I will be happy to make things a little more complex, as well as maybe a themed version. (Theist v Atheist perhaps).
- Nobody else knows your role. Except the mafia, who know who each other are.
- During the 'night phase' nobody can talk in the thread. The period will likely be 24 hours. During the night phase the Mafia will select one person in the game that they wish to kill. They will private message me the person they want dead. Other players with roles will also send me names of their targets and they will get the appropriate response. (This is things like Cop, who each night can select to investigate someone where I tell them during the night that persons role.)
- Upon the 'day phase' I will reveal who the mafia have killed. (in the form of a very short story, like XXX was found with their head bashed in laying next to a candle stick in the conservatory). Then the thread is open for discussion. While discussing, everyone (includes mafia) must make a vote of who they suspect to be mafia and who they want to execute during the day. Can be tactical, ie: Cop finds a mafia person during the night, they can say their the cop and found a mafia. BUT then the mafia know he is cop and so will be a target. BUT also, nobody knows if he IS a cop, he could be mafia just lying. This is where the tactics, are deceit, who do you trust etc.. all come in.
- The day phase will end when the majority have voted on who is to die. That person will then be killed off and their role revealed.
- Once you are killed you are ghost, please don't post in the game thread. Especially don't post information that will ruin the game. (ie: dead cop posting that XXX is mafia). If you do you wont play another mafia if others are wanted. It's that simple, it ruins the game.
- At the end of the day phase, night phase will begin. Etc etc etc until one side is left the victor.

If I haven't explained well, click this and follow 'basic rules': http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf
It explains it very well.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
OK I'm in... been thinking about it for a while...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
(10-08-2012 09:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  OK I'm in... been thinking about it for a while...

Sweet Sauce!Clap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mafia XVI: Adventure Time Cheetory6 233 4,518 08-11-2013 07:15 PM
Last Post: LadyJane