Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 04:33 PM
My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like give me moon rocks's post
30-05-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
I think it's unusual. Women are usually more sexually appealing after the deceptive make-up has been applied.
30-05-2014, 04:57 PM
(30-05-2014 04:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I think it's unusual. Women are usually more sexually appealing after the deceptive make-up has been applied.

As much as I hate to agree, you are correct.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2014, 05:09 PM
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.

It's perfectly normal. I've known quite a few men, myself amongst them, that prefer women without it.
30-05-2014, 05:14 PM
(30-05-2014 05:09 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.

It's perfectly normal. I've known quite a few men, myself amongst them, that prefer women without it.

Eh. Done right it's a complement. If so, you're not going to notice until you're so close it's immaterial...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-05-2014, 05:14 PM
It makes you a realist!
[+] 2 users Like hotnostril's post
30-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Good makeup looks like you arent wearing any.

As someone who doesnt like to wear makeup often I always appreciate people that can appreciate clean skin.
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 05:19 PM
If most women wear make-up then a lot of men will probably end up preferring women with make-up because that's what they are used to seeing. I remember reading an interview years ago with a female journalist who went off to Afghanistan I think it was. There was one place she went to where she had to completely cover up. Her guide admitted to her that she was more attractive to him to see her like that.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
30-05-2014, 06:35 PM
I like all the different ways. Natural, daytime, evening, artsy, scary, drag queen, multicultural, tribal, etc- but everything has a time and place.

I don't think it's weird to prefer any of these though, I get it. Makeup (or fashion) is self expression and cultural.

I don't like fake nails, fake lashes or that stuff that goes with it for myself, but I get why others would and appreciate their choice to express themselves. People are beautiful. Blush
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
30-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Last week I was telling someone that she was beautiful;
"Really? Even without makeup?".
Consider I hadn't even noticed...

I suppose I prefer the natural look, as in most cases I couldn't justify the time spent applying makeup, or waiting for someone to do so.