Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
I kind of go both ways when it comes to women wearing makeup.

On one hand, I don't mind a lot of the blemishes that women often cover up, so I don't really care if they don't bother with it. I don't like lipstick if it gets too pronounced or oddly colored.

On the other hand, I really appreciate eye shadow and eye liner. It actually took me a while to realized that's why I'd find a woman really attractive some days and not others. There's something I like about well-done eye liner, and it's surprising how much eye shadow can change the shape of someone's eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 10:22 AM
(02-06-2014 05:24 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 09:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I donno. Styles come and go. Nothing ever stays in style forever. During the middle ages and early Renaissance it was fashionable to have no eyebrows and a high forehead. European women plucked their hairlines to look half bald. In Japan it was fashionable to blacken womens teeth.
[Image: ohaguro.jpg]

I've studied costume and fashion history and nothing has ever stayed in style for ever. Nothing.

Yes, of course styles come and go. It's just the nature of tattoos that allows an almost infinite number of different designs and styles that make them something more than just a "style". They can be adapted to any style and time.

What I'm trying to say is that tattoos have been around for thousands of years and they keep changing. Maybe someday they will be a thing of "another century", but I really doubt they will be gone any time soon.

We can't really avoid being a "certain generation" at some point in our lives anyway, I'm 24 and I'm already failing at keeping up with today's fashion Laugh out load

White tattoos are becoming popular. It's like lace.

[Image: Attractive-and-Special.jpg]

My 19 year old daughter was going to get a tattoo but when she went to a tattoo shop and saw a woman in her 40's getting one she started having second thoughts. She said if she gets one it will be very small and have meaning but when you're 19 and haven't experienced life or had deep profound things happen to you what kind of tattoo would it be. It's up to her though. I don't care as long as she pays for it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-06-2014, 10:42 AM
(02-06-2014 10:22 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 05:24 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yes, of course styles come and go. It's just the nature of tattoos that allows an almost infinite number of different designs and styles that make them something more than just a "style". They can be adapted to any style and time.

What I'm trying to say is that tattoos have been around for thousands of years and they keep changing. Maybe someday they will be a thing of "another century", but I really doubt they will be gone any time soon.

We can't really avoid being a "certain generation" at some point in our lives anyway, I'm 24 and I'm already failing at keeping up with today's fashion Laugh out load

White tattoos are becoming popular. It's like lace.

[Image: Attractive-and-Special.jpg]

My 19 year old daughter was going to get a tattoo but when she went to a tattoo shop and saw a woman in her 40's getting one she started having second thoughts. She said if she gets one it will be very small and have meaning but when you're 19 and haven't experienced life or had deep profound things happen to you what kind of tattoo would it be. It's up to her though. I don't care as long as she pays for it.

I got my first (and only) tattoo at twenty. I'm still satisfied with it, and will eventually get more. Just saying...

02-06-2014, 05:29 PM
(31-05-2014 02:16 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I like it clean, no lipstick or makeup required.

Ugh I absolutely hate lipstick. All colors look horribly unnatural on me, it gets everywhere, and luckily my husband hates it as well.

I only do mascara every day. My eyelashes are like invisible, so if I don't, I look like an albino Laugh out load

For more special occasions I add eyeshadow, foundation, and a bit of blush. You'd likely have no idea I was wearing it (except for the eyeshadow which just lightly compliments my natural eye shape and color), you'd probably just think I looked especially nice that day.

A woman who knows how to do makeup well will end up looking like she's hardly wearing any at all. I think a natural look is key.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the ladies you guys admire for not wearing makeup in fact just know how to do makeup right Wink

I hate lipstick too! I have big lips and it take a LOT of lipstick to cover them. Lol. I stick with gloss usually, if anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
02-06-2014, 05:35 PM
My makeup routine if I decide to do it usually just involves some eyeliner and mascara, and using an eyelash curler, and maybe some blush.

I'm cursed with blondish eyelashes, so you can't really see them without mascara. lol.
02-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Reading this thread, I'm beginning to think I should start using make-up again. I was never really that interested in it even when I was younger so I never bothered mastering it. And then I gave up with it all together. I don't even bother drying my hair in the morning, I let it dry naturally and comb it as it dries.

It's probably why my hair is falling out because I comb it so much.

It just all seems a pointless though if I don't have a social life.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-06-2014, 05:44 PM
(02-06-2014 05:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate lipstick too! I have big lips and it take a LOT of lipstick to cover them. Lol. I stick with gloss usually, if anything.

You know what they say about women with big lips.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-06-2014, 05:45 PM
(02-06-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 05:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate lipstick too! I have big lips and it take a LOT of lipstick to cover them. Lol. I stick with gloss usually, if anything.

You know what they say about women with big lips.

I sure do!

The bigger the lips the bigger the penis!
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
(02-06-2014 05:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You know what they say about women with big lips.

I sure do!

The bigger the lips the bigger the penis!

See I knew you would know.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
(02-06-2014 05:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 02:16 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Ugh I absolutely hate lipstick. All colors look horribly unnatural on me, it gets everywhere, and luckily my husband hates it as well.

I only do mascara every day. My eyelashes are like invisible, so if I don't, I look like an albino Laugh out load

For more special occasions I add eyeshadow, foundation, and a bit of blush. You'd likely have no idea I was wearing it (except for the eyeshadow which just lightly compliments my natural eye shape and color), you'd probably just think I looked especially nice that day.

A woman who knows how to do makeup well will end up looking like she's hardly wearing any at all. I think a natural look is key.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the ladies you guys admire for not wearing makeup in fact just know how to do makeup right Wink

I hate lipstick too! I have big lips and it take a LOT of lipstick to cover them. Lol. I stick with gloss usually, if anything.

Hmm I wonder if a hate of lipstick comes with the big lips thing cause I have those too Consider

If I want to give my lips a smooth look I just do Chapstick. Even lip gloss is too slimy for me Confused

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post