Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
http://www.youbeauty.com/face/makeup-science
It's about advertising.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Makeup = Lust
Natural = Love after Lust

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
30-05-2014, 07:42 PM
(30-05-2014 07:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.youbeauty.com/face/makeup-science
It's about advertising.

Nah. People have decorated themselves since cave days. Men and women have tattooed themselves, put bones in their noses, worn huge earrings, put rings on their necks to elongate their necks, plates in their lips, applied beauty spots on their faces etc. I don't think there's a place on Earth that people don't do something to enhance themselves. Compared to previous times women are pretty subtle with makeup. I notice Muslim women put a lot of makeup on their eyes as that is the only thing people often see.

If done well makeup can make a woman look really nice. I love makeup, it's like a ritual to apply it in the morning. I don't overdo it though. Mascara on the eyelashes can filter out the sun just a bit and the Egyptians lined their eyes to keep the glare of the desert sun off their eyes, similar to the black paint football players put under their eyes.

Elizabeth the First had pock marks from contracting smallpox and wore white makeup to hide it. It had lead in it though. No telling what it did to her brain.

Oh lovely, lovely Queen Elizabeth-

[Image: article-2151541-089195D6000005DC-49_296x411.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-05-2014, 07:47 PM
As opposed to ... men without makeup?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-05-2014, 07:51 PM
No it is not. I for one love a woman who needs no make up.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
30-05-2014, 07:52 PM
(30-05-2014 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 07:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.youbeauty.com/face/makeup-science
It's about advertising.

Nah. People have decorated themselves since cave days. Men and women have tattooed themselves, put bones in their noses, worn huge earrings, put rings on their necks to elongate their necks, plates in their lips, applied beauty spots on their faces etc. I don't think there's a place on Earth that people don't do something to enhance themselves. Compared to previous times women are pretty subtle with makeup. I notice Muslim women put a lot of makeup on their eyes as that is the only thing people often see.

If done well makeup can make a woman look really nice. I love makeup, it's like a ritual to apply it in the morning. I don't overdo it though. Mascara on the eyelashes can filter out the sun just a bit and the Egyptians lined their eyes to keep the glare of the desert sun off their eyes, similar to the black paint football players put under their eyes.

Elizabeth the First had pock marks from contracting smallpox and wore white makeup to hide it. It had lead in it though. No telling what it did to her brain.

"rouged lips" explained by Dr. Desmond Morris in 'The Human Ape' :
Red wet lips , a billion dollar industry , are an attempt (unconsciously) by women to mimic the bright swollen vulvas of female mammals in heat. It signals that they are ready to mate.
Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2014, 08:02 PM
(30-05-2014 07:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
"rouged lips" explained by Dr. Desmond Morris in 'The Human Naked Ape' :
Red wet lips , a billion dollar industry , are an attempt (unconsciously) by women to mimic the bright swollen vulvas of female mammals in heat. It signals that they are ready to mate.
Thumbsup

Fixt Thumbsup

"Evolutionary theory says bosoms
are buttock-like protrusions
designed to tempt men
in situations when
they can't get a glimpse of your bum
I find such hypotheses dumb.

It's like the one that says
lipstick is for
making your lips look more
like the lips of a happy vagina.

Since they said that I can't
look my great aunt
in the eye
Why'd they have to say that, oh why?"

-- Tim Minchin.

Bowing

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-05-2014, 08:05 PM
(30-05-2014 07:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Nah. People have decorated themselves since cave days. Men and women have tattooed themselves, put bones in their noses, worn huge earrings, put rings on their necks to elongate their necks, plates in their lips, applied beauty spots on their faces etc. I don't think there's a place on Earth that people don't do something to enhance themselves. Compared to previous times women are pretty subtle with makeup. I notice Muslim women put a lot of makeup on their eyes as that is the only thing people often see.

"rouged lips" explained by Dr. Desmond Morris in 'The Human Ape' :
Thumbsup

True. It's not an unconscious thing for me. When I wear lipstick I know exactly why I'm wearing it. My husband knows it too.

Kiss

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(30-05-2014 08:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  True. It's not an unconscious thing for me. When I wear lipstick I know exactly why I'm wearing it. My husband knows it too.

Kiss

I like it clean, no lipstick or makeup required.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-05-2014, 02:41 AM
I probably prefer women with some light makeup on an unconscious level. If the young lady in question looks like a god damned clown, I'd much prefer no make up. My wife doesn't wear much make up, if any at all. I am happy with that.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post