Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
(04-06-2014 12:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because obviously make up hasn't changed since what they used in feudal Japan...

You are all kinds of stupid aren't ya?

Give snowflake a break and stop trying to scare off the newbies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-06-2014, 03:40 AM
(04-06-2014 01:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because obviously make up hasn't changed since what they used in feudal Japan...

Give snowflake a break and stop trying to scare off the newbies.

Stupid is stupid irregardless of time spent here.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2014, 04:06 AM
I think my girlfriend looks better without it, but that's partially due ti the fact that she's not very good at applying it either. She over applies it when she does wear it, and her selections often clash with rather than compliment her clothes. She's a beautiful redhead, and yet she'll go for makeup that makes her look really pale with a hint of green, instead of something that would accentuate and compliment her (like just a little blush).

I try not to be too critical, but the Art Major in me just can't let some color faux pas slide. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-06-2014, 06:49 AM
(04-06-2014 03:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 01:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Give snowflake a break and stop trying to scare off the newbies.

Stupid is stupid irregardless of time spent here.

You just said what I thought for you.Censored

http://news.yahoo.com/fda-finds-lead-400...00523.html
[+] 2 users Like Snowflake's post
04-06-2014, 08:33 AM
(04-06-2014 04:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think my girlfriend looks better without it, but that's partially due ti the fact that she's not very good at applying it either. She over applies it when she does wear it, and her selections often clash with rather than compliment her clothes. She's a beautiful redhead, and yet she'll go for makeup that makes her look really pale with a hint of green, instead of something that would accentuate and compliment her (like just a little blush).

I try not to be too critical, but the Art Major in me just can't let some color faux pas slide. Undecided

In her defense, its hard to find good makeup for pale skin. (I'm making an assumption here based on her hair color)
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-06-2014, 08:42 AM
(04-06-2014 01:50 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ---
But aside from that rare occasion, I've never worn make up. I don't feel like I need it. It makes me feel like I need to shower excessively. I'd rather feel clean.

Yep - I'm the same way; I feel coated, almost as if my skin can't breathe. Foundation can clog pores and can actually cause the skin to age very quickly. I've only used foundation on stage or for film - otherwise, it's completely unnecessary.

Something I detest; while shopping I might try on a blouse or dress only to find a huge line of someone's foundation along the neck or collar - Confused - YUK. One time I was in a shop and a young woman came in with so much foundation on, it could be smelled across the room - she looked as white as a ghost. When she left, the shop manager opened up the back door and the front door to air the place out!

In bright daylight, my skin is good, my eyelashes can be seen, I wear a lip balm (no color) to keep in moisture - I feel like me. In low light, my lashes are difficult to see so, I might wear a little mascara on an evening out. Luckily, I've found one that doesn't flake for many hours and is easily removed. I remove my contacts first, then remove the mascara; the other way around risks ruining the contacts.

I have a translucent rice powder for the shinier moments but I rarely use it - I have handy little rice paper sheets that soak up excess oil - I probably use those more.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
(04-06-2014 12:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:03 AM)Snowflake Wrote:  Dislike makeup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ormed.html

Because obviously make up hasn't changed since what they used in feudal Japan...

Western makeup also had lead in it. The makeup that Queen Elizabeth the First wore was lead based and throughout the European courts lead in makeup was common. Mercury was also found in some makeup. Hat makers used mercury in making hats for a long time which caused madness, hence----The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.

The Japanese Kabuki theatre also used a white makeup that had hummingbird dung in it. I don't know if they still do though.

I know a lot of silly stuff.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-06-2014, 12:04 PM
(04-06-2014 08:33 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think my girlfriend looks better without it, but that's partially due ti the fact that she's not very good at applying it either. She over applies it when she does wear it, and her selections often clash with rather than compliment her clothes. She's a beautiful redhead, and yet she'll go for makeup that makes her look really pale with a hint of green, instead of something that would accentuate and compliment her (like just a little blush).

In her defense, its hard to find good makeup for pale skin. (I'm making an assumption here based on her hair color)

One word:
Ulta

and their sales associates are trained to be actually helpful.

http://www.ulta.com/?cmpid=PS_Brand!goog...=173595751
Any makeup, skin questions, wonderings, boo-boos.........etc.............. Ulta. Skin, Hair, Nails, Face, Body........... whatcha need to do what?

(It's my church)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post