Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 03:02 AM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
(31-05-2014 02:41 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...
My wife doesn't wear much make up, if any at all. I am happy with that.

Yabut... is she happy that you don't?

Have you asked her?

HAVE YOU?!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 03:11 AM
No, you're not alone. Generally speaking, I tend to have a low opinion of those who use make-up and/or plastic surgery for aesthetic purposes.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-05-2014, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 03:17 AM by Free Thought.)
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.

Personally, I just don't get make-up.

To me, why a girl would want to go to all the trouble to make it look like she had two black eyes is totally beyond me, same thing with ridiculously red lips or obviously fake eyelashes or whatever, it is all puzzling to say the least...
I personally find that sort of stuff off-putting; overly obvious stuff that is... I'm quite indifferent to anything that I can't immediately notice... I don't pay much attention to people in reality. I don't like them much.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2014, 04:12 AM
Make up dates before recorded history. There have been many reasons to wear it. Scare enemies in battle, attract mates...

It is a perfectly normal thing to do.

I do not bother with it. I have a head only a mother could love.

And she tried to strangle me!

Here is a recent photo. -> Hobo

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-05-2014, 04:13 AM
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.

It's moderately strange. Worldwide, women make themselves up, and the men like it, mostly.

It's not about women being made to hide their features, don't start with that bullshit. Makeup emphasizes features.

IMO, some women look very sexy without makeup, yet other women look terrible without it.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
31-05-2014, 04:44 AM
with makeup:

[Image: rachel-williams.gif]

without makeup:

[Image: 719127_1278041878142.62res_500_281.jpg]

You tell me.

[Image: oscar.png]
31-05-2014, 04:47 AM
Earmuffs, did you hack my photobucket????!!!
Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-05-2014, 04:48 AM
(31-05-2014 04:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Earmuffs, did you hack my photobucket????!!!
Gasp

You keep pictures of trolls on your photobucket?

[Image: oscar.png]
31-05-2014, 05:55 AM
I LOVE women with no makeup.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-5CM1WWgTxXKoo7F25Tq...AI0Rzwv0pM]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-05-2014, 06:06 AM
I guess I'm weird, because even before I was married I never went out with a girl that used makeup but ever so rarely. There is nothing wrong with makeup and nothing wrong with not wearing makeup, but if she gets to I get to too. Smile

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post