Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup?
Ya ever see those women that cake on foundation. That shit is pretty gross. Beyond that I'll take it or leave it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 07:09 AM
People are always going to do what it takes to enhance their looks. Bald men are going to wear rugs, fat people are going to stuff themselves into girdles, etc. Make up is just a small slice of the deception pie.

Btw, this might not be the thread for this, but does it count as make up if you have to tint your zinc oxide sunscreen so you don't look like a mime?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
31-05-2014, 08:03 AM
(31-05-2014 07:09 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  People are always going to do what it takes to enhance their looks. Bald men are going to wear rugs, fat people are going to stuff themselves into girdles, etc. Make up is just a small slice of the deception pie.

Btw, this might not be the thread for this, but does it count as make up if you have to tint your zinc oxide sunscreen so you don't look like a mime?

This man here is losing hair. I don't understand men that are worried about going bald. I wish this shit would just fall ou so I could stop shaving it!
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
31-05-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 11:43 AM by CleverUsername.)
Make up honestly always bothered me. All the problems in the world, and there are people spending time and money making sure you can make your eyelashes a centimeter longer.

As for people actually wearing it, I think it looks stupid most of the time, and refuse to wear it myself.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
31-05-2014, 09:11 AM
(31-05-2014 04:13 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  My friends think it's strange that I like the natural look, but I've always found makeup to be one of the weirder gender norms. I can understand its application in theatre but I don't know why men expect women to hide their features with that stuff in everyday life.

It's moderately strange. Worldwide, women make themselves up, and the men like it, mostly.

It's not about women being made to hide their features, don't start with that bullshit. Makeup emphasizes features.

IMO, some women look very sexy without makeup, yet other women look terrible without it.

The belief that some women look terrible without makeup is precisely why I said they use makeup to hide features.

I'm not anti makeup, but I think it's ridiculous that our culture acts like it's a faux pas to leave the house without it.
31-05-2014, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 10:44 AM by One Above All.)
It's not unusual.
I prefer a woman looking as she does naturally, even if it's not her best look. Sure, they might look more sexually appealing while wearing makeup (they usually don't, though, unless it's so minor you can't even tell), but they also look unnatural as hell. I'd rather look at someone who looks natural.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
31-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Depends on the woman. Most white women look better with a little make-up. Native American and Asian women generally look fine without any.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
31-05-2014, 09:50 AM
There are so many variables when it comes to makeup.

Some women wear very little, just a tough to enhance certain areas or to even out skin tone. I wear mascara because it helps my eyes not seem to disappear behind my glasses. Now and then a little eyeliner. More rarely some eye shadow. The more makeup I wear would depend on the situation and the time of day. I never wear lipstick because I don't like it...I don't like the way it tastes or feels.

Some like to be made up all time in what they have determined to be their style. A friend of mine spends a couple hours a day on her eyelashes and liner and her lipstick. We called it 'time for her to brush and paint'. This ritual replayed multiple times a day. I could not be that dedicated to maintaining a certain 'look'.

At my new job there are a couple women known for the 'Mimi' look...

[Image: mimi.jpg]

...how they can possibly think this is attractive is beyond me. But I figure it's their face...so whatever. I find it startling.

I think the best makeup looks like you aren't wearing any but also doesn't look like you just rolled out of bed.

Younger girls/women tend to go through phases as far as style and amount of makeup and will often hit the nearly Mimi look at some point. That seems to level out with age.

If it seems that a woman is almost wearing a mask...then, I think, they are doing it wrong.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2014, 09:50 AM
I never wear make-up. I put some lipstick on when I got married last year. If nothing else I don't want all those weird chemicals seeping into my skin on a daily basis.

I knew the reason behind lipstick and rouge to emulate the pregnant look. The eye shadow and eye liner always confused me though. Especially the 80's look where women went around looking like they had a 3 day old black eye. That article posted earlier was quite interesting in that regard.

But honestly, this ..?

[Image: 6a00d83451b77469e2010536f24349970c.jpg]
31-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Natural is just fine , but I've always liked a bit of eyeliner on women, the rest of the caking is overkill.

It really depends on the face, some are dog ass fugly without makeup and some are gorgeous. Same goes for hairstyles, some women look cute with short hair and others just look butch. Guess it just needs to be considered on an individual basis.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.