Is it weird that I've never mourned a death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: Is it weird that I've never mourned a death?
I'd actually like to retract my earlier statement. The only human death I recall mourning was the passing of Mitch Lucker. Some will remember I made a thread about it. I completely forgot how depressed it made me until I was buying a "Mitch Lucker Memorial" shirt at the mall today.

Other than that, though, I've never really, consciously mourned the death of anyone.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I havent read any of the previous im just answering the intial topic here

in my thankfully limited experience of mourning it is braught on in proportionality to the plans you had with the individual.
what cuts us is the never dids... never gonnas....

if you had no real plans or ambitions withsomone like say a grandmother you have nothing in common with you might not be as closely touched as if it where a dear friend you often go out partying with or say alove prospect..

again this is comming from a so far very limitd ammount of expreience on the subject..
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2013, 12:24 PM
(13-02-2012 02:56 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've had family members die. Friends and others that weren't friends but those that I knew. Athletes, celebs, etc. I've never once felt sad about someone dying. I have a very strong sense of empathy and compassion for the living but death just doesn't bother me. Even pets I've had that died didn't even make me frown.

In addition, I've also noticed that I don't seem to create the friendships that others seem to have. I have a lot of friends but none that I would call a best friend. Perhaps being thrown out of my house as a child so much and attending 9 schools in 12 years, then being in the Navy where people come and go like customers in a gas station has affected me psychologically. Aside from my wife and child, will I ever be able to have the kind of relationship with someone that just crushes me when they die? And if so, would that necessarily be a good thing?

#jk Dude, it is weirder than an Asian riding purely on a GED in order to attend MIT.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
24-07-2013, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 05:17 PM by Luminon.)
(13-02-2012 02:56 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've had family members die. Friends and others that weren't friends but those that I knew. Athletes, celebs, etc. I've never once felt sad about someone dying. I have a very strong sense of empathy and compassion for the living but death just doesn't bother me. Even pets I've had that died didn't even make me frown.

In addition, I've also noticed that I don't seem to create the friendships that others seem to have. I have a lot of friends but none that I would call a best friend. Perhaps being thrown out of my house as a child so much and attending 9 schools in 12 years, then being in the Navy where people come and go like customers in a gas station has affected me psychologically. Aside from my wife and child, will I ever be able to have the kind of relationship with someone that just crushes me when they die? And if so, would that necessarily be a good thing?
I thought this is normal. But then, I'm an experienced believer in afterlife and reincarnation and slightly autistic (+socially awkward) on top of that. Thanks for confirmation, I thought my convictions somehow shelter me from sorrows of death and some day I'll pay the price with interests.
But I know the capacity to feel is there, just the only deaths I have ever really mourned and grieved were deaths of illusions about people, including myself. In a way, death of a person's reputation is worse than a real death. Corpses are disposed of cleanly and memories of them remain to enrich us. But disgraceful people betray us, poison the memories, yet they still walk around and you have to deal with them. Death is clean, life is messy.

24-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I have had people die that were very close to me and I did mourn them, but eventually I just stopped feeling sad if people died. I've lost a great grandmother, a close family friend, and hell my dog that's been with me since I was 5 since I had this revelation, and other than the initial shock of realizing you will never speak to them again I felt absolutely nothing afterwards.

Even as my family members cried I found myself annoyed by their sorrow eventually even while comforting them. Its weird I guess but I dont think its really that big of a deal, I'm only stronger because of it.

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj