Is it weird that I've never mourned a death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Is it weird that I've never mourned a death?
(13-02-2012 05:19 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 02:56 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've had family members die. Friends and others that weren't friends but those that I knew. Athletes, celebs, etc. I've never once felt sad about someone dying. I have a very strong sense of empathy and compassion for the living but death just doesn't bother me. Even pets I've had that died didn't even make me frown.

In addition, I've also noticed that I don't seem to create the friendships that others seem to have. I have a lot of friends but none that I would call a best friend. Perhaps being thrown out of my house as a child so much and attending 9 schools in 12 years, then being in the Navy where people come and go like customers in a gas station has affected me psychologically. Aside from my wife and child, will I ever be able to have the kind of relationship with someone that just crushes me when they die? And if so, would that necessarily be a good thing?

I'm not alone!
My really close aunt died long ago. I didn't cry or feel even remotely sad about it. I was just quiet and shrugged my shoulder while my mother and and my other aunt cried.
Micheal Jackson died. Nothing.
Whitney Houston died. Nothing.
I mean no fucking sympathy! I was starting to think I am not human!
I am reserved though I can be a loudmouth around my friends.
It takes me 1 or 2 weeks to finally talk to someone. As you can see I am very socially awkward.

I wonder what causes us to be different. I'm a gentleman but certainly not reserved. And I'm very socially apt. But something about us just doesn't click when someone dies. It's like a broken light switch or something.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it weird that I've never mourned a death? - germanyt - 13-02-2012 05:22 PM