Is it wise? Re: unholytrinitydownunder tour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 04:11 AM
RE: Is it wise? Re: unholytrinitydownunder tour
I don't see it as a credible threat particularly - Richard Dawkins has lived a rather pleasant existence in the UK despite the fact the we have just as many if not more Islamic fundtards than Oz...

*Disregard if this thread turns out to be a WUM - as I suspect it is*

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 08:27 AM
(02-02-2015 04:11 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I don't see it as a credible threat particularly - Richard Dawkins has lived a rather pleasant existence in the UK despite the fact the we have just as many if not more Islamic fundtards than Oz...

I'm sure you are right, it's just that I have come to enjoy listening to the Thinking Atheist Podcast and quite enjoy Aron's videos as well, so I thought I would express the safety concern. I guess nobody needed me to bring it up as Seth had likely already thought of any such problems the moniker Unholy Trinity may cause them in the land of OZ, and duly dismissed it as negligible. I'm obviously worrying about nothing, but no harm to bring it up I suppose.

Anyway, the Aussie atheist group will keep an eye on things and surely move the venue or pull the plug if they believe the Trio to be in mortal danger from the seventh century throwback primitive neck hackers.

I guess the consensus is that the Unholy Trinity should go in loud and proud because to do otherwise is to (I guess) surrender ground, and then the religionists or terrorists win.

Perhaps a large Unholy Trinity Banner on the side of the Tour Bus, and even Logo Jackets with each one personalized as either Satan, Antichrist or as the Muhamadans call him Dajjal, and False Prophet. They can arm wrestle for their favorite jacket or just flip a coin. HEADS you lose!

Anyway I'm kind of wimpy when it comes to having my height lowered so if it was me I would go there and have a great time meeting all the atheist mates down under but I would not be caught 'Dead' promoting myself in Aussieland as The Unholy Trinity Tour unless my car rental turned out to be either the PopeMobile or perhaps a Merkava battle tank. I'm sure the guys are braver than me, so no worries, it's all fair dinkum.
02-02-2015, 08:47 AM
(02-02-2015 08:27 AM)Hugh Janus Wrote:  ...
I guess the consensus is that the Unholy Trinity should go in loud and proud because to do otherwise is to (I guess) surrender ground, and then the religionists or terrorists win.

Indeed.

But a question for you...

Which would you consider more dangerous...

a) Straylian Muslims who have the right to noisily exercise their freedom of speech with fist-waving, shouting and banners.
b) Murikan Christians who have the right to carry concealed weapons.

Just sayin'

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-02-2015, 08:50 AM
As far as I know, the Trinity is a purely Christian thing. And even then not all branches of Christianity subscribe to the idea.
For the most part, the idea of a trinity is foreign to Jews and Muslims. It would be like a group of Jews going to a fundie Christian town in the deep south calling themselves 'The Evil Menorah'. Tongue
Half the people wouldn't know what a Menorah is, and the other half wouldn't care.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
02-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I think Skyping it in, to a big screen projector sounds best of all. More environmentally friendly than flying Jet Aircraft around the planet as well, but then you don't get to actually find out first hand whether it's true that the breasts of Sheila's down under actually sag ^up^ instead of down like here on the proper side of the planet. Not that any of the unholy trinity will be doing any of that essential anti-gravitational research themselves but they could ask. I also predict they will not be entering any Elevators to see if they work the same or upside down, without a posse of witnesses and a notary public to certify that their hands never left their pockets, their eyes and mouths remained shut for the duration of the trip and no invitations to coffee were toe-tapped out in Morse-code by any unholy trinity member hoping to get his shrimp tossed on some red hot Aussie barbie.

I'm really just envious and hoping that one of them will bow out and ask me to go in their stead. I couldn't replace Seth, nor Aron the Tank, but the other guy could work.
02-02-2015, 10:27 AM
(02-02-2015 03:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 03:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We have a gweat fwiend in Wome named Bigus Dickus.

And what about you? Do you find it... wisible... when I talk about my fwiend... Bigus... Dickus?

He has a wife, you know. Do you know what she's called? Incontintia ..... Incontintia Buttox.

And to ground the reference.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-02-2015, 08:05 PM
(02-02-2015 08:50 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  As far as I know, the Trinity is a purely Christian thing.

Islam is very aware of the unholy trinity of Satan, Dajjal (Anti-christ), and False Prophet.
There is according to Islamic teaching, a big showdown coming involving the Dajjal but hopefully the Australian Muhammadans will like yourself, be similarly unaware of these teachings and not get all worked up over such foolishness.

If confronted by enraged Muslims out for blood, the guys can just explain that the Unholy Trinity stuff is all in good fun, and that the atheists are really great friends to the religion of Islam and the last prophet. That should work out.
02-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Just curious, where do they refer to those three as the trinity?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
05-02-2015, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 09:13 PM by Hugh Janus.)
(02-02-2015 10:51 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Just curious, where do they refer to those three as the trinity?

I know you wouldn't want me to do your thinking for you so if you have an internet connection you could check out the islamic texts for yourself. Whether referenced as Unholy trinity or not do you suppose that Islam has no concept of what they consider to be three evil malevolent characters known as Satan, Dajjal, and False Prophet?

Islam is younger than and was substantially made up from elements of Judiasm, Christianity and some others, not from whole cloth, so Islam is aware of that which came before it, whereas Christianity and Judiasm would not have incorporated anything from Islam because Islam was in the future and not invented yet.

It could very well and hopefully will be be the case that Seth, Aron, and Matt will experience no problems at all from the Aussie jihad crowd with regard to portraying themselves as the Unholy Trinity, but I think it would be foolhardy for them to be unaware that they are running some measure of risk in that regard and that it may be prudent to take some security precautions when abroad.

I would not want any harm to befall the Trio, as I value their contribution to the Atheist community, so I raised the concern given the fact that Violent Muslim Terrorism is becoming an increasing risk in many parts of the world, and knocking on heavens door with the heads of three Unholy Atheist Evangelists under their arm might be a great blessing for a Jihadi.
05-02-2015, 09:25 PM
(01-02-2015 08:00 PM)Hugh Janus Wrote:  I worry that Seth, Aron and Matt may be in physical Danger when in Australia from the Devout Muslims Down/Up/Over there. It is good to go, because the poor Atheists there surely need some love, but we must remember that not all the world is as safe as the USA. Naming the group, 'The Unholy Trinity' in the USA, is one thing, but the Devout Muslims in Australia are, shall we say arguably more active than they are in the USA, so I question the wisdom of shoving that moniker in their faces.

As an Atheist I believe that we should all be able to say whatever we want about the gods and religions, but many Muhammadeen do not believe this and are not unknown to use extreme violence to persuade people from doing so. Is it foolhardy, risky, crazy or will the Aussies pile on adequate security to ensure the Trio return to the USA with their heads still firmly attached to their live bodies. Will the soldiers of Allah in the Deen of Muhammad feel tempted and goaded into action by the blasphemous bravado of these three Infidels openly touting themselves as purveyors of Evil?!

The 'Original' unholy trinity are Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet. The Muhammadans may not take too kindly to a False Prophet, an Antichrist, and Satan coming to their land to denigrate their non-prophet and gods.

You can get away with that shit easily when dealing with Christians because their religion has substantially evolved away from Murderous Violence notwithstanding the popes recent comments (Re:his mother), and child raping priests being shrouded from justice, however you three Bozos should perhaps pay a visit to the local BDSM dungeon and rent out metal neck corsets for the duration of your trip to Aussiland because if/when the Aussie Imams or the mujahideen down there get wind of your Unholy Trinity Tour, you may well wish you had thought of a less provocative moniker.

Does anyone know if the Trio has brushed up on their ninjitsu or spetsnaz skills before embarking on the trip or will they be relying entirely upon prayer to The Holy Trinity, to ensure the safe return of the Unholy Trinity.

Perhaps I am overcautious, but while I regard Atheism as interesting, it's nothing to lose your head over.

Protip: Australia =/= Afghanistan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.