RE: Is it wrong to eat meat?
(08-03-2017 05:46 PM)Billanja Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 05:38 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Angel

[Image: 1432871122516.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

Lecture_preist

[Image: praisebacon-S.jpg]

Bowing

You mean Francis?

No. Nor Kevin, either. Tongue But the FBM! Shy Flying Bacon Monster Bowing Not to be confused with the flying bowel movement! Confused

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2017, 06:48 PM
(26-01-2017 04:14 AM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Yet we are Omnivores we can choose to not eat meat. And that's the point. Also do we not need to eat meat as there are many other ways to get a healthy nutrition without it! It's a myth that vegetarians are unhealthy. By no means we are in need to consume meat and choose to eat the higher standing being over the lower standing.

Everything you have said above is at odds with what I have been told by some of the world's top haematologists.

I never speak on a subject with any sense of authority unless I know it well.

I'd recommend you simply read up on the importance of red meat in the human diet. Avoid any ideological sites, such as groups protecting animals or vegans etc.

Go to the science.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Quote:Why would you in the situation of choice between a higher standing and a lower standing being decide to eat the higher standing? Because it tastes better? That is just hilarious and primitive.

By choosing to act as a being unlike an animal you actually should refuse to consume meat.

Whatd do you think? What do you think about my points? Do you consume meat? Do you think it is right/wrong and why? Are there any other good arguments against the consumption of meat you want to share?

Hello.
I consume meat, I don't think it's wrong.
I've never tried to be "unlike an animal", since I've always thought of myself as one, on this world where all life (that I know of) devour other forms of life to prolong their own existence.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 4 users Like M. Linoge's post
08-03-2017, 08:48 PM
(27-01-2017 06:52 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 06:40 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  One of the funniest lines I ever heard was a UK comic describing her vegan friends. (If I can find the link I'll post it, but for the life of me I can't even remember her name.)

"I had invited all my vegan friends to the show tonight to watch me perform, but none of them are here. They didn't have the energy to make it up the stairs."

I'm vegan and have lots of energy. I'm also more active than many of my friends. I'm a yoga instructor, so besides doing my own daily 90 minute practice, I also teach classes throughout the day. I am learning Krav Maga twice a week in addition to that. I also run a few times a week. And I hike and backpack when I can.

There are also vegan athletes like Brendan Brazier who believes his vegan diet is actually helping him excel at his sport.

I understand it was a joke, but not accurate in the least.

Depends on the person. My sister-in-law is a strict vegan and her health is a wreck. She has chronic anemia and more bone and connective tissue problems than you can shake a stick at. Her doctor tells her to eat more proteins and dairy but she is such a fanatic that she doesn't listen. She is also a certified yoga instructor but most days can't do it because of the various pains.

She is a cinch for osteoporosis. The funny thing is that she is married to a physician and doesn't listen to him, either.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
08-03-2017, 09:00 PM
(08-03-2017 08:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 06:52 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm vegan and have lots of energy. I'm also more active than many of my friends. I'm a yoga instructor, so besides doing my own daily 90 minute practice, I also teach classes throughout the day. I am learning Krav Maga twice a week in addition to that. I also run a few times a week. And I hike and backpack when I can.

There are also vegan athletes like Brendan Brazier who believes his vegan diet is actually helping him excel at his sport.

I understand it was a joke, but not accurate in the least.

Depends on the person. My sister-in-law is a strict vegan and her health is a wreck. She has chronic anemia and more bone and connective tissue problems than you can shake a stick at. Her doctor tells her to eat more proteins and dairy but she is such a fanatic that she doesn't listen. She is also a certified yoga instructor but most days can't do it because of the various pains.

She is a cinch for osteoporosis. The funny thing is that she is married to a physician and doesn't listen to him, either.

It definitely depends on the person. I know many meat eaters who are unhealthy as well---with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, overweight, diabetes, etc. And they all continue to eat that way, even though their doctors tell them otherwise. My point: All ways of eating have the potential to be unhealthy.

I personally go to a holistic nutritionist, as he calls himself, who is a RD. I am actually extremely healthy as my doctors tell me. I also have a ton of energy as I was stating in my post as do many vegans I know who are going about in a healthy manner and consulting the medical profession with their diets. That really was my only point in that post. I always tell anyone interested in "going vegan" to consult their doctors first and to see a RD. Do some vegans not go about it in the right way and become unhealthy, yes absolutely. Just like some meat eaters go about their diets the wrong way and only eat fried or fatty foods.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Also, to any future people responding to any posts of mine in here, please don't think I'm trying to ignore your comments. I have just decided to stay out of this thread because I'm not really interested in debating my lifestyle. I just come on to TTA to unwind and relax, not debate why I'm vegan or to defend my health.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-03-2017, 10:39 PM
(08-03-2017 09:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, to any future people responding to any posts of mine in here, please don't think I'm trying to ignore your comments. I have just decided to stay out of this thread because I'm not really interested in debating my lifestyle. I just come on to TTA to unwind and relax, not debate why I'm vegan or to defend my health.

Hug Props, Jenny! Thumbsup You're a great person, and don't need to take any shit from the meat-eaters, including me. Not that I would give you any shit! We need to allow people to be who they are. I have a nephew who didn't want to eat meat, because of the physical harm that comes to the animals. My brother and his wife simply rolled with it. I do think that they didn't necessarily give him foods that were appropriate, since they may not have known what to do about it (40 years ago). If you are reading this, OK. If not, I understand. There are threads I don't go into, as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-03-2017, 12:56 AM
It's socially acceptable. I predict that one day it won't be. There's a revolution on the horizon, in the form of "fake meat" which is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. There will eventually be no reason not to eat it instead, except for those who stubbornly want to eat animals.

Personally, I think it's wrong, because it treats animals like a commodity. The arguments which morally justify this amount to "might makes right". They can't stop us, so we do it.

The nutritional argument is a totally different ball game, but it is perfectly possible to have a balanced, healthy meat-free diet.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-03-2017, 03:44 AM
(09-03-2017 12:56 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It's socially acceptable. I predict that one day it won't be. There's a revolution on the horizon, in the form of "fake meat" which is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. There will eventually be no reason not to eat it instead, except for those who stubbornly want to eat animals.

Personally, I think it's wrong, because it treats animals like a commodity. The arguments which morally justify this amount to "might makes right". They can't stop us, so we do it.

The nutritional argument is a totally different ball game, but it is perfectly possible to have a balanced, healthy meat-free diet.

As soon as I can get affordable fake-meat that tastes at least as good as the original? Without actually harming an animal? Sign me the fuck up, I'll eat the shit out of some lab grown meat-flavored protein.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-03-2017, 06:10 AM
(09-03-2017 12:56 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  It's socially acceptable. I predict that one day it won't be. There's a revolution on the horizon, in the form of "fake meat" which is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. There will eventually be no reason not to eat it instead, except for those who stubbornly want to eat animals.

Try convincing a hungry tiger....

Or - ask an expert like Timothy Treadwell.....

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post