Is it wrong to eat meat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: Is it wrong to eat meat?
(26-01-2017 10:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My three favourite things are tea (I'm a Brit, cannot survive without tea, if tea was outlawed I would definitely off myself) bacon, I could never give up smoked bacon ever ever ever
Cheese all types. Vegetarian I can go with but even though there are dear dear people who mean a lot to me on here I just don't understand veganism but i respect anyone's choice so long as they're not trying to convert my ass.

But that's because you like the foods you like to eat and we like the foods we like to eat. For example, when I was a meat eater, I could never understand how someone could eat liver or tripe. But those things are appealing to some people. For me, meat is just an ew consistency so I have no problems saying no thank you Big Grin My bf the other hand loves everything about a steak and is pretty much why he says he could never go full veg.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2017, 11:22 AM
(26-01-2017 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 10:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My three favourite things are tea (I'm a Brit, cannot survive without tea, if tea was outlawed I would definitely off myself) bacon, I could never give up smoked bacon ever ever ever
Cheese all types. Vegetarian I can go with but even though there are dear dear people who mean a lot to me on here I just don't understand veganism but i respect anyone's choice so long as they're not trying to convert my ass.

But that's because you like the foods you like to eat and we like the foods we like to eat. For example, when I was a meat eater, I could never understand how someone could eat liver or tripe. But those things are appealing to some people. For me, meat is just an ew consistency so I have no problems saying no thank you Big Grin My bf the other hand loves everything about a steak and is pretty much why he says he could never go full veg.

Thank you, you managed to explain to me in a simple post your position which I can now understand a lot better, its not for me but I feel I understand you much better now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-01-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't exactly think it's wrong to eat meat.

I am personally conflicted about whether I should eat meat or not. It seems to be against my beliefs, because I would never eat a human, and humans have a lot in common with other animals. Seems like double standards.

But I take a relative stance on this. If you don't feel morally compelled to become a vegetarian/vegan, then you have no reason to. To me, it's a matter of the individual's views rather than a matter of morality for everyone.

I'll probably never actually become a vegetarian, because I'm an extremely picky eater and I plan to live in Japan as an adult. Most of the few Japanese foods I'm willing to eat contain meat. Maybe I'll try to choose meatless options when it's convenient, though.

My parents are against vegetarianism for whatever reason, so I can't become a vegetarian right now anyway. *shrugs*
26-01-2017, 04:28 PM
(26-01-2017 03:55 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  My parents are against vegetarianism for whatever reason, so I can't become a vegetarian right now anyway. *shrugs*

Do they really like plants or? What possible reason could you have against being a vegetarian.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Bacon is good. Bacon wrapped or added to anything is just better.

Sorry...

Did I mention that bacon is good?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Bacon is fucking fantastic.

Things you'll never see.

[Image: animal-kingdom-colosseum-wild_animal-anc...94_low.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
26-01-2017, 09:24 PM
(26-01-2017 04:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do they really like plants or? What possible reason could you have against being a vegetarian.

I guess they just feel like vegetarianism is stupid and pointless.
27-01-2017, 03:47 AM
(26-01-2017 09:24 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 04:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do they really like plants or? What possible reason could you have against being a vegetarian.

There are many excellent reasons to devote yourself to the difficult task of maintaining a healthy vegetarian or vegan diet, should you choose to do so. Just be aware, going in, that it's going to take research and dedication. But in the end, if that's what you want, you should do it.

It's just the moral (and often, scientifically ignorant) "feels" arguments that try to shame people who eat a normal human diet that make me really, really pissed off, as you saw, above.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-01-2017, 03:55 AM
(26-01-2017 09:24 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  

Could say the same about their disdain for it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 06:37 AM
What kind of meat we talking?

#sigh