Is it wrong to eat meat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Is it wrong to eat meat?
Normal vegans are just fine its the screwy ones that want to impose their lifestyle choices on everyone else that drive me nuts. We have one here in the UK hell bent on forcing the bank of England to withdraw the new polymer £5 note because apparently its made from mashed up cows or some such shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2017, 10:12 AM
(27-01-2017 09:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Normal vegans are just fine its the screwy ones that want to impose their lifestyle choices on everyone else that drive me nuts. We have one here in the UK hell bent on forcing the bank of England to withdraw the new polymer £5 note because apparently its made from mashed up cows or some such shit.

But if there are other nonmeat alternatives available, why not use them? I see no problems with someone asking for something to be changed if there is another option available that does not harm animals. I don't see that as imposing a lifestyle choice, I see that as being an advocate for a cause and trying to help animals.

To me, imposing my lifestyle or beliefs on someone in a negative way would be going out to dinner with that person and looking at them with disdain over them ordering a steak and then giving them a lecture about how veganism is better. While I don't believe in telling someone what or how to eat, I do believe in advocating for animals if there are other alternatives out there. Why take from animals when we don't have to?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-01-2017, 10:22 AM
(27-01-2017 10:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 09:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Normal vegans are just fine its the screwy ones that want to impose their lifestyle choices on everyone else that drive me nuts. We have one here in the UK hell bent on forcing the bank of England to withdraw the new polymer £5 note because apparently its made from mashed up cows or some such shit.

But if there are other nonmeat alternatives available, why not use them? I see no problems with someone asking for something to be changed if there is another option available that does not harm animals. I don't see that as imposing a lifestyle choice, I see that as being an advocate for a cause and trying to help animals.

To me, imposing my lifestyle or beliefs on someone in a negative way would be going out to dinner with that person and looking at them with disdain over them ordering a steak and then giving them a lecture about how veganism is better. While I don't believe in telling someone what or how to eat, I do believe in advocating for animals if there are other alternatives out there. Why take from animals when we don't have to?
Mmm the five pound note debacle is probably a really poor example come to think of it. So long as folks are happy enjoying their veganism and don't criticize my eating habits I'm cool and if any are campaigning against vivisection I'd probably join them.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-01-2017, 10:30 AM
(27-01-2017 10:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

It's made from Tallow which is the cow version of Lard basically and very small amounts, changing it will literally do nothing different for animals.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 10:35 AM by jennybee.)
(27-01-2017 10:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 10:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  But if there are other nonmeat alternatives available, why not use them? I see no problems with someone asking for something to be changed if there is another option available that does not harm animals. I don't see that as imposing a lifestyle choice, I see that as being an advocate for a cause and trying to help animals.

It's made from Tallow which is the cow version of Lard basically and very small amounts, changing it will literally do nothing different for animals.

I just don't see the need to take anything from animals (even in small amounts) if we don't need to.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-01-2017, 10:32 AM
(27-01-2017 10:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 10:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  But if there are other nonmeat alternatives available, why not use them? I see no problems with someone asking for something to be changed if there is another option available that does not harm animals. I don't see that as imposing a lifestyle choice, I see that as being an advocate for a cause and trying to help animals.

Mmm the five pound note debacle is probably a really poor example come to think of it. So long as folks are happy enjoying their veganism and don't criticize my eating habits I'm cool and if any are campaigning against vivisection I'd probably join them.

My bf is a meat eater and he probably belongs to more animal rights organizations than I do Tongue

27-01-2017, 10:38 AM
(27-01-2017 10:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 10:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's made from Tallow which is the cow version of Lard basically and very small amounts, changing it will literally do nothing different for animals.

That's not how people who advocate for animals see it.

The animal is still going to be cut up for meat. The fat is still going to be used for something even if they don't use it for the bill, tallow is used for soaps and candles among other things. I am not saying they can't fight it but I am saying that fixing that problem is a very small battle and won't be that much of a victory.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 10:44 AM
(27-01-2017 10:38 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 10:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  That's not how people who advocate for animals see it.

The animal is still going to be cut up for meat. The fat is still going to be used for something even if they don't use it for the bill, tallow is used for soaps and candles among other things. I am not saying they can't fight it but I am saying that fixing that problem is a very small battle and won't be that much of a victory.

To me, part of the victory is making people aware of just how many products we use on a daily basis that actually do contain animal products. Often times, items we don't even think of. We rely heavily on animal products for many things in our lives. I do see it as a victory each time we create awareness and find alternatives. For instance, there are many cruelty-free makeup companies now that are doing quite well, with even meat eaters opting for their products. Each step is a bigger step in the chain of things getting better for animals.

27-01-2017, 10:51 AM
(27-01-2017 10:44 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 10:38 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  The animal is still going to be cut up for meat. The fat is still going to be used for something even if they don't use it for the bill, tallow is used for soaps and candles among other things. I am not saying they can't fight it but I am saying that fixing that problem is a very small battle and won't be that much of a victory.

To me, part of the victory is making people aware of just how many products we use on a daily basis that actually do contain animal products. Often times, items we don't even think of. We rely heavily on animal products for many things in our lives. I do see it as a victory each time we create awareness and find alternatives. For instance, there are many organic makeup companies now that are doing quite well, with even meat eaters opting for their products. Each step is a bigger step in the chain of things getting better for animals.

And I have nothing against that.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-01-2017, 01:10 PM
You can choose to put anything you wish into your own body. Even if humans decided some how that we would stop eating meat. We would still need to kill animals. Over population of natural wild life, feeding carnivorous animals that we have in zoos and keep as pets. Studies to further our education of biological life.

If you're vegan enjoy yourself. Enjoy the fact that you live in a time when that can be an option. But with over 200,000 of human's eating what ever they had available there is a much greater distance of time for us to stop it all together if at all.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post