Is it wrong to hate religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: Is it wrong to hate religion?
No, I hate religion and I am just fine. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
04-07-2014, 08:58 AM
So this is my list of religious hate.

1. First on the list is Christianity. It's sadistic, smug, annoying, narrow minded, pushy and just plain dumb. I could write more on why I hate Christianity but won't waste the time.

2. Muslim. They hate women and treat them like dogs. Are anti progress, anti freedom and just plain dumb.

3 Hindu. It's silly. It's got too much going on. The temples are too gaudy. Another dumb religion.

4. Judaism is too "oh pity me" but at least they have produced some great comics, violinist Itzhak Perlman and Einstein.

Everything else gets lost in the crowds and I just don't pay much attention to.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I hate the big dogs, and organized massive corrupt cults, but don't mind the small fries. There is a difference between those who practice their spirituality and not bother others and the tyrants who try to rule others with their fairy tales.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
04-07-2014, 10:39 AM
(03-07-2014 03:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 02:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not believing in your fairy tales isn't a religion, moron.
You're bypassing the point.

You don't have a fucking point. Atheism isn't a fucking religion. You comparing it to a religion is pure unadulterated bullshit.

Quote:
Quote: Of course it also depends on what is the core conviction of the so called religion, and whether it conflicts with yours.

Quote:Not believing in your fairy tales isn't a religion, moron.
I never said it was. Quite making things up to get mad at.

*Quit

Atheism doesn't have "core convictions", moron. Atheism is non-belief in your superstition.

And again, your attempts to portray us as angry when we call you on your bullshit are simply red herrings. And I'm not making anything up at all.

Quote:
Quote: But don't fool yourself into thinking you have no such convictions that conflicts with others. Hate is actually an undesirable emotion. I would submit that if this is the result of atheism, don't blame any other persons religion.

Quote:When you religious assholes impose your bullshit versions of morality on the rest of the population through the legislature and the fucking courts, yes, we fucking hate you and you fucking deserve it. And yes, it's your fucking fault.
It is not possible to impose morality through legislation.

Really, fucking moron? Holy SHIT, but you are gullible.

Quote: That is an Old Testament ideology.

That's life on this planet here and now.

Quote:If you knew what the term God meant, you would know that.

^^^ Probably the stupidest thing ever said by anyone on the internet.

Quote:But I understand why you would say what you say. By the way, the government is secular. We are not a theocracy.

The US government? There are PLENTY of religious nuts in the US legislature -- and in state and local legislatures -- who are every day busily working their sorry asses off to impose your bullshit superstitions and faux morality on the US populace through legislation -- and through the judiciary, as we can see plainly in the Scalia/SCOTUS Hobby Lobby decision. Jesus Fucking Christ, but you are an idiot.

Quote:
Quote: In scripture it is written that the last religion will be one that makes belief in God illegal.

Quote:Fuck your fairy tale book, and fuck you.
Calm down. I'm not your enemy.

I am perfectly calm, and yes, you very definitely are my fucking enemy. And a fucking moron to boot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-07-2014, 10:46 AM
(03-07-2014 04:09 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Yes, because hating any idea would interfere with human unity.

No such thing as "human unity".

Quote:Hating murder, though, would be acceptable because it is an example of an objectively wrong act.

"Murder" being a vague loaded term with lots of wiggle room for equivocation. What we call murder in the US is an honor killing under sharia law. What we call gruesome wholesale murder in "peacetime" is just another day at the office as usual in wartime.

Which makes calling it an "objective" issue a joke.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-07-2014, 10:57 AM
(03-07-2014 04:09 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Yes, because hating any idea would interfere with human unity.

So hating the idea of racial superiority interferes with human unity? You're stupid.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-07-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't think so. It would be wrong to fuck with others lives because you hate their religion.
05-07-2014, 04:17 AM
(04-07-2014 11:37 AM)Juv Wrote:  I don't think so. It would be wrong to fuck with others lives because you hate their religion.

Define "fuck with."

For some, simply questioning the validity of their beliefs is "fucking with them." And yet, this is the very foundation of intellectual honesty. Openly questioning things with which you are presented.

Either way, our hatred for their religion is independent of the validity of that religion. I can hate Christianity all I want. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong. When a claim is made, I'm gonna question it. Period.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2014, 06:01 AM
(04-07-2014 11:37 AM)Juv Wrote:  I don't think so. It would be wrong to fuck with others lives because you hate their religion.

Why is it wrong to do that?
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
05-07-2014, 07:09 AM
(04-07-2014 10:57 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

So hating the idea of racial superiority interferes with human unity? You're stupid.

You're a smug, sadistic, ignorant demon!

You intentionally omitted the other part of the post.