Is "lack of fear of death" healthy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 09:03 PM
RE: Is "lack of fear of death" healthy?
(24-01-2012 04:04 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Is it really that easy, to switch off the fear of death? Just shake hands with a temporarily etherized discarnate and all the morbid culture of death, piety, decorations, funerals and burial is uprooted?

There's a superstar.

When i first seen you, talking about that origami stuff; I was thinking you were made of fluff, but you were able to express meaning despite the conceptual context of the wording. Now I'm pretty sure, you witch like Johnny. Wink

When me and you become we, we share an identity; this sharing over time becomes reality. In essence, defines reality. The current state of my being "alone" is; well, far beyond what could be considered to be healthy. Get on a plane and hop into the past; these people are gonna once more merge with my identity, "I love my Gwynnies" is gonna have people, and it's gonna be a whole different reality.

"Fear of death" will become fear of loss, fear of causing harm; but without the insulation of "having people," I am 4 is a live wire that cannot function consistently for any length of time without shorting out. Ragging on Woof that time, the immortality business; definitely jumping circuits. "Anti-suicide" also addresses the road not traveled in that to stay here is to die; and soon.

Left Worcester as a drifter with no references and no future. Returning a certified psychopath with a Jefferson dollar in my pocket; worried that I might "change the world faster than would be healthy," what kind of delusion is that?

Seems to be the emergent/ evolution kind. In simple terms; no, one cannot shut off the fear of death. I'm with YHWH, been to the threshold, been to and through the urban combat areas; been on the table, overcoming the pain of dying with the love of the Gwynnies. There's gonna be fear... those experiences, those memories; they are a solid foundation to weather the gale and squall of finite mortality.

Reality, however, is more than capable of of twisting breezy thought into a Great Red Spot of impending doom. How does one deal with terror beyond imagining? Monkey. To know and simulate having a submind called monkeyfunction, is the key to set you free. Big Grin

If I was sane, I'd charge money for it. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2012, 08:07 PM
(24-01-2012 04:04 PM)Luminon Wrote:  That's the question of the topic. Is it really that easy, to switch off the fear of death?

Nope. But it's necessary. Fear is like inflammation, a warning signal which left unchecked and unattended to invariably leads to more serious disease. ... like cancer or religion.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-01-2012, 07:43 AM
(22-01-2012 07:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How do I love you, atheist, lemme count the ways...

I don't have to bullshit you, for one. My buddy tells me, he's planning on dying on the thirty-first. Heart surgery. Tells me he's gonna tell them to fuck it up but good.

Kinda support I give him? Organ donor/DNR, that's what I put on my shit when I go to the hospital. Might as well get it over with. We're laughing about it, but we're serious; I've been there, I love my Gwynnies, he's got chronic back bullshit and now ticker problems...

But before I fly away and he checks in, we're gonna exchange e-mail info; you know, in case we survive. You might draw a certain conclusion about Johnny Cantor being a morose mofo from some of the shit I post, but in reality, "I love my Gwynnies" is all about light and joy.

Yet I do wonder; I must wonder, what harm I cause. What precedent I set. Lemme know, atheist. Wink

I think having a healthy relationship with death is critically important. Americans, and lots of other religious countries, unfortunately have an extremely unhealthy fear and terror of death...and it's kind of sad.

I think disregarding it might be a little dangerous, but not being afraid is a good thing. :3

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user