Is mono-theist religion a non-sexual version of BDSM?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: Is mono-theist religion a non-sexual version of BDSM?
(09-02-2014 08:56 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:54 AM)donotwant Wrote:  You also forgot to mention that in BDSM you won't get thrown in hellfire if you refuse to participate Wink

You mean you won't get threatened with it of course Angel

If religion turns out to be true it would be unchangeable slavery and eternal obedience. Hitches is right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 08:59 AM
(09-02-2014 08:54 AM)donotwant Wrote:  You also forgot to mention that in BDSM you won't get thrown in hellfire if you refuse to participate Wink

Yes you will: http://www.hellfireclub.com.au/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
09-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Mathilda,

You know way too much about this subject!

Tongue

09-02-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:23 AM by Mathilda.)
(09-02-2014 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Mathilda,

You know way too much about this subject!

Tongue

That's Mistress Mathilda to you bitch! Smile

I tried BDSM in my late 20's but gave it up when I found that it hurt too much.
09-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I have a very good friend who is a quite well-known Domme.

Been to a couple of open-to-public parties her business has sponsored. Fun.

I do find some aspects of BD intriguing, but I don't care much for pain.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-02-2014, 07:56 PM
(09-02-2014 07:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Or does BDSM exploit the same social and pack instincts as does organised religion?

For those who do not know, BDSM stands for:

Bondage & Discipline
Domination & Submission
Sado-Masochism

The Domination & submission is the main component of organised mono-theistic religion. Submission of the wife to the husband and their mutual submission to Jesus or God. A common theme in Christianity for example is total power exchange to Jesus. You are taught to open yourself so that he may enter into you and fill you with his love. It may not be the sticky kind but it's still supposed to give you joy.

People are taught to not think for themselves but to have faith and to accept. This is giving up personal control which is a core component of D/s power-play.

Mono-theists religions also seek to control your sexuality. So no masturbation or nudity, sex for reproduction only and for the Catholics, celibacy. Some people really get off on giving up control of when they can masturbate. Sex is one of the most powerful needs and so this allows for an strong power-exchange.

We can see bondage with the attention to modest attire. Tight collars, and dresses, heels and aprons for women. If you're always aware of how you are limited by your attire then it reminds you of why you are wearing it and reinforces your submission. Think of it as the equivalent of corsets, neck-braces and 7 inch stiletto court shoes for submissives. For example the opening scene in the film 'Secretary'.

Physical discipline is carried out by the religious far right on wives and children.

The sadism and masochism had me stumped for a moment until I remembered that Catholic nuns exist. They're probably the biggest bunch of sadists around. In terms of masochism, we've all heard about self flagellating monks but that's not too usual. On the other hand, no one ends up with as many masochistic kinks as someone who has been taught in a Catholic school. I have come across many such people with masochistic kinks, such as fantasies of being crucified or spanked.

A common feature in BDSM is fetishistic clothing. Rubber, PVC, leather, uniforms etc. Often the doms (or dommes for women) will be dressed elaborately whilst the subs wear minimal clothing. The fancy clothing is a sign of their dominance. You can see the same technique being used by the ordained members of the Catholic church. The lowliest priests wear a uniform whilst the higher echelons of the church regale in pomp and circumstance.

I've often wondered whether the indoctrinated do not fully appreciate the reasons why their religious lifestyle provides the enjoyment that it does.

Not to be picky, but there is a whole group of people who don't go in for the kinky fetish clothing and other trappings. They quietly live in their power exchange -- some engaging in it 24/7.

But overall I've had similar thoughts. Thumbsup

There's so much more to BDSM than a pair of handcuffs and calling someone Sir or Ma'am.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
"Christianity is sadomasochism without the sex." -Steve Shives

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]