Is my friend's argument illogical reasoning?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2011, 01:31 AM
RE: Is my friend's argument illogical reasoning?
(13-02-2011 07:25 PM)shaybay Wrote:  A common argument among Christians that I heard was the oh-so-popular "I didn't come from a monkey"!
It drives me crazy when that one is stated. Just because it isn't appealing does not mean it isn't true. Their are plenty of yeasts and bacteria on your skin. Just because you think that is dirty does not mean they aren't there.

Don't be hard on your friend. My mother is a Christian too. I know that she is on the verge of quitting but she says that she always got a lot of power out of believing. Who am I to take that away from her.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Creationists saying science is bias - now that is an oxymoron, or a paradox - can't be sure which.
Science has a process called peer review where data is verified before publishing.And science changes if new evidence is presented - see how Einstein's theory of general relativity or plate tectonics shook the status-quo.
And as gamutman pointed out , science looks at the evidence and draws a conclusion , while religion starts with a conclusion and tries to finds arguments that support it.
[Image: Science_verses_faith_flowcharts.jpg]

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
14-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Science brings you, electricity, computers, television, movies, telephones. the internet, medicine, vaccines, hospital equipment, double blind testing, understanding the world and universe like never before, roads, automobiles, trains, ships, boats submarines, airplanes, spacecraft, inner-space and outer-space probes, telescopes, microscopes, infrared imagers, radios, radar, radio telemetery, clocks, siesmographs, buildings, manufacturing of everything that is manufactured, printing methods, clothing , shoes and just about every other man-made thing that you ever see.

Religion brings you a god that they cannot prove or give evidence to the existance of.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.