Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 07:52 AM by Greatest I am.)

Gods have no needs or wants that man can assuage. Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God to have such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.

I see us as just as foolish as germs and the creatures shown in this clip as we act the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a_uwyY_H4

I can see where at one time it would have been profitable to bend the knee to King/Gods as in the original archetype city states, as used in the original Eden myth written by the Jews, but not today.

That myth I think was written of the following reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes

Our present secular systems of governance have bested the Gods in the moral and legal senses and only the really right wing theists would want to live under the laws of the old barbaric Gods.

I am not an atheist and seek God to appease what I recognize as my spiritual side. But not to bend the knee or adore; just to improve any defect in my thinking; if I have one.

I know that there are way more followers out there than leaders but cannot fathom why someone would want to lower themselves to adore even a God unless it is strictly as a self-serving action that we hope God will recognize and reward.

That is hardly being good for goodness sake. God would know and send such hypocrites to hell. Which scriptures say is where the vast majority of us will end up regardless.

That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know. In a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane.

Gods have no needs or wants and has no rewards to give in exchange for what Gods have no need or want of.

The Godhead I know certainly disavows such a need or want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?

Is your need to adore a God a defect or benefit?

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
(15-07-2013 07:47 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Gods have no needs or wants that man can assuage. Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God to have such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.

I see us as just as foolish as germs and the creatures shown in this clip as we act the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a_uwyY_H4

I can see where at one time it would have been profitable to bend the knee to King/Gods as in the original archetype city states, as used in the original Eden myth written by the Jews, but not today.

That myth I think was written of the following reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes

Our present secular systems of governance have bested the Gods in the moral and legal senses and only the really right wing theists would want to live under the laws of the old barbaric Gods.

I am not an atheist and seek God to appease what I recognize as my spiritual side. But not to bend the knee or adore; just to improve any defect in my thinking; if I have one.

I know that there are way more followers out there than leaders but cannot fathom why someone would want to lower themselves to adore even a God unless it is strictly as a self-serving action that we hope God will recognize and reward.

That is hardly being good for goodness sake. God would know and send such hypocrites to hell. Which scriptures say is where the vast majority of us will end up regardless.

That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know. In a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane.

Gods have no needs or wants and has no rewards to give in exchange for what Gods have no need or want of.

The Godhead I know certainly disavows such a need or want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?

Is your need to adore a God a defect or benefit?

Regards
DL

The need to adore a god is an emotional defect. Drinking Beverage

It is infantile.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-07-2013, 09:25 AM
tl;dr

What Chas said.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Thank you both.

Regards
DL
15-07-2013, 10:35 AM
(15-07-2013 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  The need to adore a god is an emotional defect. Drinking Beverage

It is infantile.

(15-07-2013 09:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  tl;dr

What Chas said.

Yes.

Hitchens was always good at saying as much.

It is most assuredly infantile - a willing and eager abrogation of independence in action and moral thought; the craven desire for a permanent and omnipresent subjugating authority.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-07-2013, 11:24 AM
It is akin to seeking out a dominatrix to tell you how bad you are, how undeserving you are, etc.
15-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Respectfully the way you framed the question is somewhat redundant.To serve a false god is futile, while to serve the True God is always beneficial. To say I believe in only false gods is redundant. Politics are inevitable.
15-07-2013, 12:20 PM
(15-07-2013 12:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully the way you framed the question is somewhat redundant.To serve a false god is futile, while to serve the True God is always beneficial. To say I believe in only false gods is redundant. Politics are inevitable.

It is redundant because there are no gods. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-07-2013, 12:36 PM
(15-07-2013 12:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 12:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully the way you framed the question is somewhat redundant.To serve a false god is futile, while to serve the True God is always beneficial. To say I believe in only false gods is redundant. Politics are inevitable.

It is redundant because there are no gods. Drinking Beverage
Of course there aren't. The universe comes from a singularity. There can only be one true God.
15-07-2013, 12:38 PM
(15-07-2013 12:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 12:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is redundant because there are no gods. Drinking Beverage
Of course there aren't. The universe comes from a singularity. There can only be one true God.

My Gwynnies! Big Grin

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post