Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
(22-07-2013 10:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  I agree it's not complicated, but limited to the confines of what we call the universe. If I may say, I do not wish to argue semantics, but rather to simply be understood. I typically find myself agreeing with those who disagree with me. An utter waste of "time" and "energy".

If you're using words to mean things in a way that no one else is using them, that is indeed a semantic barrier to understanding.

(22-07-2013 10:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 10:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. Is God something?
Yes, that indeed is my overall point.

Okay. Then if something can't come from nothing...

(22-07-2013 10:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  In all honesty, this is exactly what I said or meant by what I said.

I can't know what you meant. I only know what you said. And what you said was that energy was 'created'. That is wrong.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 02:22 PM
If you need to worship a god, at least pick a nice one, i.e., not one who favors capital and/or corporal punishment or one who condemns nonbelievers to eternal punishment or one who is crazy enough to crucify his so called son as payment for what he considers to be other peoples' transgressions.
07-03-2015, 04:12 PM
(15-07-2013 12:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 12:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  Of course there aren't. The universe comes from a singularity. There can only be one true God.

My Gwynnies! Big Grin

All gods are dumb. Including yours. Smile