Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 07:40 PM by childeye.)
RE: Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
(15-07-2013 07:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:03 PM)childeye Wrote:  I 'm not a reader of Hawkings or any other physicist for that matter. So I suspect we are again arguing semantics. When I say a singularity I am speaking about a single source of energy that created the physical universe and all that is in time.

Yes that is a singularity and Hawkins disproved it. Not semantics so much as your just wrong.
Hawkings proved nothing but an ability to out think one's self. His initial premise that there was no time before the creation and so there is no causality is built upon a false dichotomy. He's lost it in his temporal incapacity to contemplate what is infinite. Simply put, God's energy is not subject to time and space, time and space are subject to God's energy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 07:49 PM
(15-07-2013 07:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes that is a singularity and Hawkins disproved it. Not semantics so much as your just wrong.
Hawkings proved nothing but an ability to out think one's self. His initial premise that there was no time before the creation and so there is no causality is built upon a false dichotomy. He's lost it in his temporal incapacity to contemplate what is infinite. Simply put, God's energy is not subject to time and space, time and space are subject to God's energy.

You have no evidence, you have no mathematics, you have no logic to support your theology.

You have empty rhetoric.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-07-2013, 07:53 PM
(15-07-2013 04:32 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Greatest I am:

"Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit? "

It is both. The question is does the benefit out way the defect? So, what is the benefit? The benefit in the belief of god, is comfort. You can feel that the society that you live in is safe and right. You feel that it will protect you. And you feel the need to protect it! You feel right and safe.

What is the defect? The defect is that it isn't true. The lie may make you feel safe, but it doesn't make you safe. But here's the big thing: It makes you oppressive! Your need for safety and truth will cause you to BE the devil you despise! If you are lead by religion, you can't help but be lead by tyranny. If you live by something that isn't true, and you insist that people accept it, you are guilty of tyranny.

If you can't prove that your religion is true, but you expect others to live by it: You are a tyrant!

"Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?"

It is a defect.

Beautiful!
15-07-2013, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2013 10:44 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(15-07-2013 07:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes that is a singularity and Hawkins disproved it. Not semantics so much as your just wrong.

Childeye, please reconcile two of your statements...
1. "I 'm not a reader of Hawkings or any other physicist for that matter."
2. "Hawkings proved nothing but....(bla bla bla)"

As you haven't read anything of substance about the topic at hand, how do you have the confidence to pass comments? I think you're the one who's "lost," not Hawkings.
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
16-07-2013, 03:51 AM
(15-07-2013 10:40 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  As you haven't read anything of substance about the topic at hand, how do you have the confidence to pass comments?

Another response to childeye that could be automated. Thumbsup

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-07-2013, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 04:20 AM by Shannow.)
(15-07-2013 03:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  Basis, proof ,evidence: 1. the Higgs Boson. 2. God means the source of the energy of creation.

Checkmate! I'm converting.

childeye Wrote:I 'm not a reader of Hawkings or any other physicist for that matter.

Wait....no....this is a gymnastic argument from ingnorance combined with an argument from authority. I don't think I've seen that particular combination before. Just Super. I prefer your work on faith, but this is up there in my top 5 'Childeye specials'.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
16-07-2013, 10:20 AM
(15-07-2013 07:10 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:02 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  childeye:

'In Christianity is the saying we hope against hope."

Your first sentence has several problems: The word "Christianity". You embrace this word, because you don't know what it means. It is a very broad word that encompasses many religions you would not respect. You use the word "saying" That word has no biblical reference. It simply means "Something said". "Hope against hope" You explain that one! I dare you!
When I say Christianity it means a follower of the Christ, as in being led by his Spirit. Hope against hope is simply believing that there will come a kingdom where Christ will rule forever. For that to happen the current kingdoms of the world must fail. So as we see the world and it's people sliced up and sold, nature destroyed, it is expected.

"When I say Christianity it means a follower of the Christ, as in being led by his Spirit."

Which "Christ" are you following? The one who was god, before he was Christ? The one who was "Christ" after he was god? The "Holy Spirit", whatever the hell it was? Or the one who actually lived? http://www.npr.org/2013/07/15/198040928/...e-of-jesus

Does yours play with snakes? Does he support or deny the old testament? Does he have long hair and look like a white guy?
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
16-07-2013, 02:26 PM
(15-07-2013 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  Hawkings proved nothing but an ability to out think one's self. His initial premise that there was no time before the creation and so there is no causality is built upon a false dichotomy. He's lost it in his temporal incapacity to contemplate what is infinite. Simply put, God's energy is not subject to time and space, time and space are subject to God's energy.

You have no evidence, you have no mathematics, you have no logic to support your theology.

You have empty rhetoric.
Not so. It is quite logical that the God Whose energy formed the universe exists outside of time or Whose dimension of existence transcends our own in some manner. At any rate the physical matter that we see as our universe came from a singularity as did time. It is not necessary that the source of the energy did.
16-07-2013, 02:36 PM
(16-07-2013 04:13 AM)Shannow Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 03:45 PM)childeye Wrote:  Basis, proof ,evidence: 1. the Higgs Boson. 2. God means the source of the energy of creation.

Checkmate! I'm converting.

childeye Wrote:I 'm not a reader of Hawkings or any other physicist for that matter.

Wait....no....this is a gymnastic argument from ingnorance combined with an argument from authority. I don't think I've seen that particular combination before. Just Super. I prefer your work on faith, but this is up there in my top 5 'Childeye specials'.
So all of the geniuses in the world drew great calculations on thousands of chalkboards and finally after lifetimes of combined study finally concluded there is a God. So when they told the little child of faith coloring in his coloring book, he said, "oh yeah, I knew that". Zero is not greater than One.
16-07-2013, 02:45 PM
(16-07-2013 02:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  So all of the geniuses in the world drew great calculations on thousands of chalkboards and finally after lifetimes of combined study finally concluded there is a God. So when they told the little child of faith coloring in his coloring book, he said, "oh yeah, I knew that". Zero is not greater than One.

Wow - your best non sequitor yet!

... this is my signature!