Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
(21-07-2013 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 04:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  Energy is not the same thing as matter ...

Da fuq? What part of E = MC^2 you no understand? ... You do realize C^2 is a constant right? Kinda like saying GirlyMan=10xChildEye.
Respectfully you're missing my point. Energy came before matter in order of existence in the creation, that's the point I am making. Therefore they are not the same things. Suppose I spent the energy to build a house, energy =house. Big deal, my energy is not the house, but that thing which was spent to make a house.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2013, 08:46 AM
(22-07-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully you're missing my point.

Perhaps, but:

(22-07-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  Energy came before matter in order of existence in the creation, that's the point I am making. Therefore they are not the same things.

NOPE.

... this is my signature!
22-07-2013, 08:50 AM
(21-07-2013 11:22 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  
(16-07-2013 10:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  Peace sir. I do not wish to show disrespect for your knowledge of the subject. Nor do I wish to pretend I know more about it than you. I admit I am not schooled and am ignorant in the terminology. I can appreciate why mass and energy are considered equivalent. I can appreciate that an atom has energy that is released in some other form when split. This does not make them the same in my view. But if I am correct in understanding what mass is, mass increases as an object increases speed. I see this when I swing a hammer. In my view this can only happen because of motion since my hammer does not increase in substance. I see Light is energy because there are photons in motion. I see no light or energy when the photons stop moving. I therefore must conclude that energy is not the same as matter. It is therefore conceivable to me that energy is a description of something other than matter without denying matter is held together by or mass is formed by energy. That is what I honestly see.

...And we begin to see the problem.

You see, questions of science aren't incumbent upon what you "see" or what your "view" may be. The concepts being discussed here are observable, verifiable, and not open to subjectivity. Relativity works, it's demonstrable, it holds true and it does so irrespective of our "view" or what we claim to "see."

I amazed by the level of word play and parsing of terms demonstrated here. There are claims on one hand of a lack of education on the subject and at the same time, wrongheaded arguments in the light of demonstrable and repeated facts. These kinds of dishonest and underhanded tactics may have a place in apologetics. They, however, do not belong in any open inquiry or in science. Perhaps "childeye" should strive for a more adult vision.
You all seem to keep missing something here. I am not contesting relativity at all, so all of your well intentioned corrections are based on a false premise.
22-07-2013, 08:51 AM
(22-07-2013 08:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  Respectfully you're missing my point.

Perhaps, but:

(22-07-2013 08:44 AM)childeye Wrote:  Energy came before matter in order of existence in the creation, that's the point I am making. Therefore they are not the same things.

NOPE.
Nope what?
22-07-2013, 08:52 AM
(22-07-2013 08:51 AM)childeye Wrote:  Nope what?

Childeye being Childblind again, I see? Drinking Beverage

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
22-07-2013, 08:53 AM

The following is not a true statement.

... this is my signature!
22-07-2013, 08:54 AM
(22-07-2013 07:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 03:31 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Is there a physics section here?

Regards
DL

There's a science section... but, no snakes allowed. Especially not French snakes. Big Grin

Tabarnache. Sadcryface2

Regards
DL
22-07-2013, 08:54 AM
(22-07-2013 08:52 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Childeye being Childblind again, I see? Drinking Beverage
Children sometimes say the darnedest things.
22-07-2013, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2013 09:06 AM by childeye.)
(22-07-2013 08:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  [quote='childeye' pid='345665' dateline='1374504701']
Nope what?
Quote:The following is not a true statement.
Okay, What matter existed before the universe was formed?
22-07-2013, 09:08 AM
(22-07-2013 08:54 AM)childeye Wrote:  Children sometimes say the darnedest things.

Yeah, but other times they say the dumbest things. You must have been the really, really dumb child.

[Image: coverdumb.png]

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.