Is neo-darwinism a scientific theory?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 03:18 AM
RE: Is neo-darwinism a scientific theory?
(12-10-2015 03:09 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Is it here a ladys literary coterie?

Purple prose it is then. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 03:42 AM
(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  With your kind consent, guys, I'll continue (in fact, my rede is close to the finality). Fais ce que dois, advienne, que pourra, verstein?

"Do what you must, come what may"

Congrats, you have access to a thesaurus and Google. Do you want a cookie? Drinking Beverage

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  As you see, the nice idea of allopatric speciation is virtually barren. Then
what is left?

You've done nothing but asserted it is barren, you've yet to substantiate that claim. We're still waiting on your evidence or sources.

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Well, sympatric speciation requires no spatial barriers, by definition. The trouble is that, until recently, neo-darwinists repudiated the very idea. Say, classic Ernst Mayr (1904-2005) outright negated sympatric speciation. He did till the end of his days...

Great, don't care. We're interested in evidence, not personal endorsements.

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  In the world of sex, the evolution begins with speciation, and speciation adds up, in substance, to sympatry. Theorists felt badly bewildered: how come that reproductive isolation takes place ohne[sic] geographic barriers, with unrestricted gene flow?

"ohne"

Come on, why do I need to keep your languages straight? Near as I can tell it's the German equivalent of "without".

How come that reproductive isolation takes place without geographic barriers, with unrestricted gene flow?

Well, that at least makes some semblance of sense now. My question now is, why haven't you bothered to actually study the subject you're asking rhetorical questions about? I'm guessing because you're more interested in pushing a narrative instead of seeking what is evidently true. Color us not impressed.

[Image: Speciation_modes.svg]

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Only recently they began to shyly guess that reproductive isolation is feasible in the absence of spatial barriers, that there are dozens modes of isolation independent of geographic segregation.

Well, if you'll just let me go get my tin-foil hat...

[Image: its-a-conspiracy.jpg]

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  They began, yet practically all they can tell us about sympatric speciation is sheer blah-blah.

Ironic, as 'blah-blah' is all we've yet to get out of you. Rolleyes

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  It is so pointless that I feel lazy to review the subject.

Too lazy to review something you evidently don't know jack shit about? Imagine that... Drinking Beverage

(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  All the same, guys, this is beyond your comprehension. Since you can't perceive even the difference between asexual mode of reproduction and this sexual...

Aw, that's so cute! You think that you've actually said something meaningful? That's almost precious.

ProTip: This is how you format a post, cut out the unnecessary breaks.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-10-2015, 04:48 AM
(12-10-2015 02:42 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  They began, yet practically all they can tell us about sympatric speciation is
sheer blah-blah. It is so pointless that I feel lazy to review the subject. All
the same, guys, this is beyond your comprehension. Since you can't perceive even
the difference between asexual mode of reproduction and this sexual...

Just fuck off, you ignorant, arrogant ass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Chas, you risk of exploding in your back-strapped anger...
12-10-2015, 05:37 AM
(12-10-2015 05:26 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Chas, you risk of exploding in your back-strapped anger...

"Your movement is the foundation of the doorway to joy"

http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

12-10-2015, 05:40 AM
(12-10-2015 05:26 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Chas, you risk of exploding in your back-strapped anger...

Consider No longer sure if poster is human..... or just a bad/poor Elisa program.......
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
12-10-2015, 05:42 AM

Whatever that means. Drinking Beverage

Go read a science book; you obviously misunderstand the mechanics of evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Chas, you risk of exploding in your back-strapped anger...
12-10-2015, 06:24 AM
Consider ......
12-10-2015, 07:51 AM
(12-10-2015 03:09 AM)Vladimir Wrote:  Is it here a ladys literary coterie?

No, just a group of people who can tell when their time is being wasted.

Do you have an actual point to make, or is this all just a pointless ramble about your personal dislike of allopatric speciation events?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post