Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?
With 16 Women coming forth, it does cause One to think ' Can they ALL be fabrications ?' I wonder if a high powered Lawyer will take one of the cases against him which will lead to his eventual demise as an Entertainer and encouraging Pro-active Model for black kids to keep their pants up (?) .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 10:51 AM
RE: Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?
I predict an our of court settlement and the ending of his acting career. I think the statute of limitations has expired on these.
24-11-2014, 11:14 AM
(24-11-2014 10:51 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I predict an our of court settlement and the ending of his acting career. I think the statute of limitations has expired on these.

I don't think there are any stature of limitations where a Felony Assault is concerned, but Ill look into that.

Will Cosby settle out of court with all 16 women ? Hes already done it with a woman some time ago. This reminds me of Micheal Jackson revisited.
24-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
24-11-2014, 11:57 AM
(24-11-2014 11:14 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 10:51 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I predict an our of court settlement and the ending of his acting career. I think the statute of limitations has expired on these.

I don't think there are any stature of limitations where a Felony Assault is concerned, but Ill look into that.

Will Cosby settle out of court with all 16 women ? Hes already done it with a woman some time ago. This reminds me of Micheal Jackson revisited.

There is a time limit for filing criminal charges for rape. Which is silly I think, and should be addressed.

As far as Cosby goes, I don't think any charges can be filed against him at this point. It's really sad this was all covered up and silenced when the rapes occurred. He gets away with it nearly Scott free. We can however publicly shame him, which is already happening. NBC cancelled their upcoming sitcom, and netflix has so far postponed the holiday special they'd completed with him.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
24-11-2014, 12:01 PM
(24-11-2014 11:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Youd like to think he is a Christian so it could defame real Christianity . He may have even professed to be one...but im afraid that isn't the Standard. The Standard of a true genuine Christian is what the Bible says one is , and, it has to be subsequently infused with a DIFFERENT CHANGED lifestyle than that of the World representing a new creation in Christ , otherwise its pseudo Christianity. Nice attempt though, I must admit.
24-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Christianity doesn't need my help, or the the great and powerful Cos, to be defamed, it does a great job all by itself. You truly are delusional.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
24-11-2014, 12:13 PM
There are Biblical passages, I can't quote them accurately, which condone keeping virgin girls as spoils of war when you siege a city that worships a different god. While Bill Cosby certainly did own the airwaves with The Cosby Show for a number of years, I don't think there's a realistic comparison to be made between that and sacking a city, lol. I'm not saying it's RIGHT mind you, I'm just acknowledging the Bible does condone rape in certain scenarios; or at least sex slavery which is the same thing really. The Bible also says that if a man rapes a virgin girl who is not betrothed he must pay her father 50 pieces of silver and marry the girl and he cannot divorce her. Also - Lot attempted to give his daughters over to a lusty rape-minded crowd so that they wouldn't rape the two angels who were crashing on his couch at the time.

Anyway whether he ever serves time or even pays out-of-court settlements I think it's safe to say even the accusations are enough to destroy his career. Guilty or not, he's a toxic "brand" now. I for one believe in "innocent until proven guilty," but even without a conviction the damage is done. The women (if it's true) will never get real justice for this, which is a shame.
24-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Perhaps Mr. Cosby misinterpreted the scores of rape rules. Oh wait, someone misinterpreting the bible? That never happens!

----
24-11-2014, 12:31 PM
(24-11-2014 12:01 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Youd like to think he is a Christian so it could defame real Christianity . He may have even professed to be one...but im afraid that isn't the Standard. The Standard of a true genuine Christian is what the Bible says one is , and, it has to be subsequently infused with a DIFFERENT CHANGED lifestyle than that of the World representing a new creation in Christ , otherwise its pseudo Christianity. Nice attempt though, I must admit.

He is as much a Christian as you and all the rest that claims to be one. Sorry, you can not claim he is not a real one because you dislike his actions. What ever happened to love the sinner and hate the sin? What about forgiveness? What about all that other stuff that "real Christians" are supposed to do and you are not? You must be one of those fake Christians too.
[+] 6 users Like wazzel's post