Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?
The statute of limitations on criminal prosecution for rape varies from state to state. In some states it is as low as four years and in others there is no statute of limitations. [The statute for civil suits is usually much much shorter and may only be one to two years.] The fact is, it is damned tough for a prosecutor to win a rape case after the lapse of more than a couple of years. With a celebrity like Cosby, the publicity is enough to destroy his life and his reputation even if he is never convicted or successfully sued. I, too, believe in "innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" but then my opinion may not count since I was a criminal defense lawyer for 40 years prior to my retirement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Christian or not, if he did what he did (and I believe that he did) it's ridiculous that hes pretty much going to get away with it.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
24-11-2014, 12:41 PM
(24-11-2014 12:01 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Youd like to think he is a Christian so it could defame real Christianity . He may have even professed to be one...but im afraid that isn't the Standard. The Standard of a true genuine Christian is what the Bible says one is , and, it has to be subsequently infused with a DIFFERENT CHANGED lifestyle than that of the World representing a new creation in Christ , otherwise its pseudo Christianity. Nice attempt though, I must admit.

No true christian eh? Facepalm
Do you own slaves?
I'm not sure what the rest of your post even means.
Different changed lifestyle?
New creation in christ?
24-11-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 01:00 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(24-11-2014 11:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Youd like to think he is a Christian so it could defame real Christianity . He may have even professed to be one...but im afraid that isn't the Standard. The Standard of a true genuine Christian is what the Bible says one is , and, it has to be subsequently infused with a DIFFERENT CHANGED lifestyle than that of the World representing a new creation in Christ , otherwise its pseudo Christianity. Nice attempt though, I must admit.

Ah the true Xtian card, my favorite. If all Xtians who called other Xtians not true Xtians were removed from earth, there wouldn't be any left Drooling

Pseudo Xtianity, such a cute concept....so basically fake xtianity right? isn't that an oxymoronic statement....xtianity is based on fiction, fantasy and forgery afterall..

But on topic, I heard on the news this morning he had a full time guy working for him who went around dropping off money to a list of women he took "care of" or for "monthly quiet money". I also heard on the news that he has a lot of weird celeb-isms...one show said that he required that all of their young female interns and staff be in the green room for when he got there, and to silently watch him eat Curry...what the actual fuck cosby...

I hate the phrase where there is smoke there is fire, but perhaps in this situation...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-11-2014, 12:58 PM
(24-11-2014 11:57 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:14 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  I don't think there are any stature of limitations where a Felony Assault is concerned, but Ill look into that.

Will Cosby settle out of court with all 16 women ? Hes already done it with a woman some time ago. This reminds me of Micheal Jackson revisited.

There is a time limit for filing criminal charges for rape. Which is silly I think, and should be addressed.

As far as Cosby goes, I don't think any charges can be filed against him at this point. It's really sad this was all covered up and silenced when the rapes occurred. He gets away with it nearly Scott free. We can however publicly shame him, which is already happening. NBC cancelled their upcoming sitcom, and netflix has so far postponed the holiday special they'd completed with him.

Um no, there is only one crime that has no statute and that is murder. There is a reason we have limits on time to pursue the accused having nothing to do with Bill or this case.

If you want to look at overzealous governments who have no checks, you can live under the Taliban or North Korea, who do not have oversight and can simply haul you off and jail you or murder you based on mere words of another.

You do not have to like the nature of a charge in this country. You also do not have to like the person who is accused .But we are not a vigilante society nor do I want to see us become one.

I think it is very stupid for anyone to think short term and emotionally even when they have good intent.

We have statutes not to protect the accused, we have statutes to prevent the government from having unlimited power to harm ANYONE.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 01:06 PM

No True Scotsman Fallacy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Claiming to be a Christian is most certainly the standard. You have no business telling other people what they do and do not believe. Arrogance is a sin and there isn't much more arrogant than deciding that you are the almighty decider of who qualifies as a Christian.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
24-11-2014, 01:58 PM
(24-11-2014 01:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  No True Scotsman Fallacy. Drinking Beverage

As a Scotsman I think this phrase is most unfair. It would be more accurate to call it the "No true Christian" fallacy Angel

Hate the belief, love the believer.
24-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(24-11-2014 01:58 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 01:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  No True Scotsman Fallacy. Drinking Beverage

As a Scotsman I think this phrase is most unfair. It would be more accurate to call it the "No true Christian" fallacy Angel

No TRUE Scotsman would say that.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
24-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(24-11-2014 10:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  With 16 Women coming forth, it does cause One to think ' Can they ALL be fabrications ?' I wonder if a high powered Lawyer will take one of the cases against him which will lead to his eventual demise as an Entertainer and encouraging Pro-active Model for black kids to keep their pants up (?) .

Wow. Censored

So much for you showing us your 'humble theist' side, eh?

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post