Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Is our beloved Bill Cosby headed for ruin ?
(24-11-2014 12:01 PM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, Cosby is a Christian, so when he raped those women he was only following your god's blueprint known as the bible.

Youd like to think he is a Christian so it could defame real Christianity . He may have even professed to be one...but im afraid that isn't the Standard. The Standard of a true genuine Christian is what the Bible says one is , and, it has to be subsequently infused with a DIFFERENT CHANGED lifestyle than that of the World representing a new creation in Christ , otherwise its pseudo Christianity. Nice attempt though, I must admit.

Oh, of course he's not a True Scotsman.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 02:32 PM
(24-11-2014 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 10:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  With 16 Women coming forth, it does cause One to think ' Can they ALL be fabrications ?' I wonder if a high powered Lawyer will take one of the cases against him which will lead to his eventual demise as an Entertainer and encouraging Pro-active Model for black kids to keep their pants up (?) .

Wow. Censored

So much for you showing us your 'humble theist' side, eh?

Any prosecutor who has worked in a court will tell you that 1 witness is better than 5. The reason is that there is more opportunity to here poke holes in conflicting stories. Now in cases of multiple witnesses you are often talking about them having talked to others and even cops long before a prosecutor deposes them and and that record outside of hearsay has to be disclosed to the defense during the discovery process.

I don't know who here is old enough to remember the daycare center case back in the 80s where severay employees were arrested and 3 of them spent 10 years in prison. Turned out because of an over zealous society and improper police investigation and recanting of the kids after they grew up, those 3 were released from prison.

And even outside this case, there was also a case of a Texas crime lab busted for fudging numbers to gain convictions.

My point isn't to stop society from going after criminals. My point is we have to be careful long term so that we protect not just the rights of the accused, but the rights of the innocent as well.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Uh-oh. An ex-employee of NBC says he helped Cosby cover this behavior for years.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah, turns out there are many many women now coming out talking about this.

As far as the "true Christian" crap goes :
If Jebus died for their sins, and every man is a sinner, then where exactly is the line drawn between those who are and are not "true Christians" if they have all sinned. Apparently some "humble" people think they get to judge, even though they've been told not to do that by their Jebus.

Please be VERY VERY EXACT in any replies.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Cosby and Kirk Cameron?

http://www.celebtricity.com/kirk-cameron...ill-cosby/

just came across my facebook, no idea if its legit

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-11-2014, 05:50 PM
(24-11-2014 05:45 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Cosby and Kirk Cameron?

Quote:After the wine, Cameron felt a sudden attraction to Cosby, his inhibitions became lost and he became an active participant in the abuse.

uh huh

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-11-2014, 05:57 PM
(24-11-2014 05:45 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Cosby and Kirk Cameron?

That seems satirical. But then everything about Kirk Cameron seem satirical.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-11-2014, 06:02 PM
(24-11-2014 10:43 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  With 16 Women coming forth, it does cause One to think ' Can they ALL be fabrications ?' I wonder if a high powered Lawyer will take one of the cases against him which will lead to his eventual demise as an Entertainer and encouraging Pro-active Model for black kids to keep their pants up (?) .

Racist much - so much for polite discussions. Facepalm

Epic fail. Buhbye.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Our beloved? Ruin...? okay sure.

I think he'll wind up dolling out money settlements as It's difficult to find a way to make these long ago scenarios into a case.

But I don't think he has much of an active doing anything career that he is having one tarnished. All I have known him to do the last few years is occasional speeches about inner-city kids being nutcases and not motivating themselves to be wiser or creative.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-11-2014, 06:05 PM
(24-11-2014 12:58 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:57 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  There is a time limit for filing criminal charges for rape. Which is silly I think, and should be addressed.

As far as Cosby goes, I don't think any charges can be filed against him at this point. It's really sad this was all covered up and silenced when the rapes occurred. He gets away with it nearly Scott free. We can however publicly shame him, which is already happening. NBC cancelled their upcoming sitcom, and netflix has so far postponed the holiday special they'd completed with him.

Um no, there is only one crime that has no statute and that is murder. There is a reason we have limits on time to pursue the accused having nothing to do with Bill or this case.

If you want to look at overzealous governments who have no checks, you can live under the Taliban or North Korea, who do not have oversight and can simply haul you off and jail you or murder you based on mere words of another.

You do not have to like the nature of a charge in this country. You also do not have to like the person who is accused .But we are not a vigilante society nor do I want to see us become one.

I think it is very stupid for anyone to think short term and emotionally even when they have good intent.

We have statutes not to protect the accused, we have statutes to prevent the government from having unlimited power to harm ANYONE.

Woah, wait. What does not being allowed to charge someone with a violent crime that they've committed just because an arbitrary number of years have passed, have to do with being part of a "vigilante society" with "an orverzealous government with no checks" that is allowed to "simply haul you off and jail you or murder you based on mere words of another." Blink Huh

I think I missed a few steps in that reasoning.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta