Is religion a delusion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Is religion a delusion?
(05-11-2015 01:44 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 01:29 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How about me? Can the rocket scientists edumacation diagnose if I am or not someone suffering from depression?

Some people's depression is obvious, some are not
Quote:The answer in opposite to tbd is probably that I do

TBD does too, he just doesn't want to admit it.

And you don't even understand the difference between depression as a mood and depression as a mental disorder. Facepalm

You really should shut the fuck up, every time you type, you make yourself look dumber and dumber and dumber...

[Image: enhanced-2698-1413386870-4.jpg]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 02:54 PM
(05-11-2015 02:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you don't even understand the difference between depression as a mood and depression as a mental disorder. Facepalm

Apparently I don't even know when it was that I conflated the two.

Quote:You really should shut the fuck up, every time you type, you make yourself look dumber and dumber and dumber...

And you should probably smoke a joint to lighten your irritable ass up.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
05-11-2015, 03:07 PM
(05-11-2015 02:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 02:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you don't even understand the difference between depression as a mood and depression as a mental disorder. Facepalm

Apparently I don't even know when it was that I conflated the two.

Quote:You really should shut the fuck up, every time you type, you make yourself look dumber and dumber and dumber...

And you should probably smoke a joint to lighten your irritable ass up.

"Apparently I don't even know when it was that I conflated the two."

"...that you suffer from depression..."

Not that I (or I suspect, anyone else) expected you to be honest Drinking Beverage

"And you should probably smoke a joint to lighten your irritable ass up."

*checks webcam to ensure it isn't on*
Nope it is off.

*looks around room for a camera*
Nope, no cameras

*attempts to detect inter-dimensional wormhole from which one could view me*
Nothing here

Consider
How exactly do you believe that you have been able to detect my current mood, let alone my mental state? Did your magic Jesus-dude make you a clairvoyant?

-Rick
05-11-2015, 03:21 PM
(05-11-2015 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How exactly do you believe that you have been able to detect my current mood, let alone my mental state?

Probably because you're the least mysterious man in the world. I encounter people like you all the time, and depression seems to be the common denominator.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
05-11-2015, 03:26 PM
(05-11-2015 03:21 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How exactly do you believe that you have been able to detect my current mood, let alone my mental state?

Probably because you're the least mysterious man in the world. I encounter people like you all the time, and depression seems to be the common denominator.

So, you do believe you are a clairvoyant?

-Rick
05-11-2015, 04:31 PM
(05-11-2015 03:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:21 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Probably because you're the least mysterious man in the world. I encounter people like you all the time, and depression seems to be the common denominator.

So, you do believe you are a clairvoyant?

Yea, that's it....

But really this thing we have going on here, where we constantly feed off each others negativity, has run in it's course. It's gotten old. Perhaps we can call some truce or some shit, and let each other be. You do your thing, and I do mine, and we just stay out of each other ways?

That work for you?

05-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(05-11-2015 04:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So, you do believe you are a clairvoyant?

Yea, that's it....

But really this thing we have going on here, where we constantly feed off each others negativity, has run in it's course. It's gotten old. Perhaps we can call some truce or some shit, and let each other be. You do your thing, and I do mine, and we just stay out of each other ways?

That work for you?

No, go fuck yourself you dishonest cocksucker

-Rick
05-11-2015, 06:11 PM
(05-11-2015 03:21 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I encounter people like you all the time, and depression seems to be the common denominator.

Stop that right now. As someone who suffers from anxiety and major depressive disorder you have not only diminished my affliction, you have trivialized it. Stop it. Now. God damn it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 06:44 PM
(05-11-2015 03:21 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I was going to let this slide Tom but I can’t.

I grew in a home where my mother suffered from full blown manic depression and for the record she is one of the most religious people I know, she was then and still is now.

I hated coming home from high school because I never knew what I would find on the other side of the door. More than once I had to break down doors and call 911 to resucitate my mother from overdoses of sleeping pills or to sew up self inflicted wounds.

So I would appreciate it if you were to tread carefully when you generalize about a very serious condition and any attempt at either diagnosing or trivializing it over the internet. I won’t even go into your qualifications regarding this.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
05-11-2015, 08:43 PM
(03-11-2015 04:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That people are trapped into religion while they are young and their minds not fully developed, would seem to me that they were conned at a vulnerable point in their lives. I don't know if it is fair to call these poor people delusional. Cheated may be a better description of the individual.
What would they be being cheated out of exactly?