Is religion a delusion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 05:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 05:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I can't give you substantive replies to straw men and monumental ignorance.

No, you can't give substantive replies because your delusions don't let you.

Ah, the old rubber and glue, what you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. I haven't heard that gargantuan display of logic since I was nine.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
04-11-2015, 06:04 PM
(04-11-2015 05:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think you appreciate that calling a fat son of a bitch a "fat son of a bitch" is a term of endearment.

TheBeardedGuy doesn't find the term son of a bitch endearing. He's a sensitive guy.

Quote:I'm not sure you want to go down this route TommyBoy. Not sure you got enough goddam vulgar motherfucking drunk hairless talking pirate monkey in you. But it will be fun if you do. And I'll back you if you do. And by back you I mean I will help you learn to be a goddam vulgar motherfucking drunk hairless talking pirate monkey.

You'd be surprised.

Surprise me. You piece of shit ignorant sanctimonius hypocritical idiot asshole incapable of separating fact from fantasy as well as my 4 year old granddaughter. Your useless counterproductive logic-free argumentative ass embarrasses all humans everywhere. Even Alla.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 05:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think you appreciate that calling a fat son of a bitch a "fat son of a bitch" is a term of endearment.

TheBeardedGuy doesn't find the term son of a bitch endearing. He's a sensitive guy.

Quote:I'm not sure you want to go down this route TommyBoy. Not sure you got enough goddam vulgar motherfucking drunk hairless talking pirate monkey in you. But it will be fun if you do. And I'll back you if you do. And by back you I mean I will help you learn to be a goddam vulgar motherfucking drunk hairless talking pirate monkey.

You'd be surprised.

You don't even seem to understand when you've lost even a shimmer of support Facepalm

As for my inability to give you substantive replies, the old man gave you a quick synopsis that mirrors a similar synopsis I've given you in the past...numerous times.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
04-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Is religion a delusion?
GirlyMan dateline=' Wrote:  Surprise me. You piece of shit ignorant sanctimonius hypocritical idiot asshole incapable of separating fact from fantasy as well as my 4 year old granddaughter. Your useless counterproductive logic-free argumentative ass embarrasses all humans everywhere. Even Alla.

That doesn't do it for me man, coming from you it sounds too affectionate.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
04-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 06:06 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As for my inability to give you substantive replies, the old man gave you a quick synopsis that mirrors a similar synopsis I've given you in the past...numerous times.

You don't have to give me a substantive reply, but your lack of a substantive take on delusions, cognitive biases, etc... reveals your lack of insight on the topic. That you likely just throw the term delusion around, for the sake of a cheap insult, to help you feel better about yourself. And that's really all it amounts to.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 07:19 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 06:06 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As for my inability to give you substantive replies, the old man gave you a quick synopsis that mirrors a similar synopsis I've given you in the past...numerous times.

You don't have to give me a substantive reply, but your lack of a substantive take on delusions, cognitive biases, etc... reveals your lack of insight on the topic. That you likely just throw the term delusion around, for the sake of a cheap insult, to help you feel better about yourself. And that's really all it amounts to.

It's a thread about delusion, and my use of the term (that I've explained) is consistent with how normal people would use it given its actual definition.

You're so fucking dishonest, you should consider a career as a professional charlatan. Aka, a preacher.

-Rick
04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 07:42 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's a thread about delusion, and my use of the term (that I've explained) is consistent with how normal people would use it given its actual definition.

Your use of the term is primarily for the sake of provoking a reaction, for the sake of flinging an insult. You throw it around, because it makes you feel better about yourself.

Quote:You're so fucking dishonest, you should consider a career as a professional charlatan. Aka, a preacher.

Yea, if that was the case this would be the sorriest attempt at winning souls for Christ.

04-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Is religion a delusion?
(04-11-2015 08:05 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:42 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's a thread about delusion, and my use of the term (that I've explained) is consistent with how normal people would use it given its actual definition.

Your use of the term is primarily for the sake of provoking a reaction, for the sake of flinging an insult. You throw it around, because it makes you feel better about yourself.

Quote:You're so fucking dishonest, you should consider a career as a professional charlatan. Aka, a preacher.

Yea, if that was the case this would be the sorriest attempt at winning souls for Christ.

Why are you on an atheist site expecting atheists to have positive opinions about deluded religious morons?

-Rick
04-11-2015, 11:04 PM
(04-11-2015 08:05 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Delusion is the subject of this thread. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Is religion a delusion?
[Image: 3880122822b4a040c7f296ae47c01cca.jpg]

-Rick