Is someone deliberately being a Poe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Is someone deliberately being a Poe?
First we had the "I miss theists" thread. And a few scattered comments about how all we have anymore is atheists and there are no lively debates anymore.

Right after that, we got a slew of new registrations by several people, all of whom seem utterly clueless, irritating, and only willing to spout their own nonsense and ignore/dismiss anybody who engages them in any threads.

You all know who I mean.

Maybe that's just coincidence. But these guys are soooooo very utterly clueless, defending the most idiotic ideas ever, and they all defend their POV through name calling and nonsense spouting and ignoring any meaningful rebuttals. They are virtually identical in their approach (but not identical in the topics they start), and they are all equally clueless. Bottom-of-the-barrel clueless. Way, way, way beyond the usual theist cluelessness. Way beyond the Ray Comfort cluelessness.

They don't even seem interested in winning any debates. Just trolling. Just stirring the pot.

It strikes my skeptical self as unlikely, perhaps very unlikely, that they all showed up at nearly the same time and they're all the most ignorant bunch of ignoramuses I've seen, at least, I've never seen so many at one time in one place.

So I'm wondering, though I doubt anyone will fess up, is this someone, maybe a mod or long time member, maybe several someones, taking it upon himself/herself to "liven up" the forum by creating a second account and trolling/poeing (is "poeing" a word?), maybe even in response to the "I miss theists" thread?

If so, and if you're the poe, any chance you might want to dial it back a bit?

I think we missed debating theists. That's fun. But this group of nutjobs doesn't debate. They just spout nonsense and ignore replies except to respond with abuse and/or more nonsense. That's not a debate. So really, if you're goal was to entertain us because we missed theists, these guys go too far; way beyond entertaining to just boring nonsense. Please dial it back into the entertaining range.

And, if my assumption here is wrong, if those guys really are unique new forum members, well, not much to do about that except ignore, I suppose. I still can't believe they're really as ignorant as they seem, so either our family is poeing itself or they're new members poeing us, but either way it's useless.

Of course that's my opinion. Some members seem to be enjoying the namecalling fests and dive right in. So maybe it's working for some of us.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 02:56 AM
RE: Is someone deliberately being a Poe?
Nah, doesn't seem too plausible... if an atheist is doing this for fun, that's kinda silly, 'cause they can't share in the fun with the folks who'd actually appreciate the joke. A bit on the autoerotic side, if you ask me...

And if a Xtian is doing it for fun, wouldn't it fall under the category of making fun/ridiculing the holy wraith... no, that's not it... the holy nazgul? Nah, can't be that either. Holy liquor? Nah, that's even further off. Spirits? Ghost? Apparition? Well, something that you're not supposed to make fun or you'll be gnashing your teeth foreverz and everz...

Either way, what's scary, is that there actually are people like this. And worse.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
30-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Maybe Erx and HoC have come back to haunt / entertain us.

Bravo!

Thumbsup

30-01-2013, 03:01 AM
(30-01-2013 02:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Maybe Erx and HoC have come back to haunt / entertain us.
Or maybe they're still hurt?

30-01-2013, 06:27 AM
I dunno AS, I dunno. I *do* know that these farts all love each other's posts and give each other a pat on the back for saying stupid shit Dodgy Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them was a sock. Not that I can tell - and before you ask, Chas et al have been keeping an eye on them.
30-01-2013, 07:04 AM
(30-01-2013 06:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno AS, I dunno. I *do* know that these farts all love each other's posts and give each other a pat on the back for saying stupid shit Dodgy Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them was a sock. Not that I can tell - and before you ask, Chas et al have been keeping an eye on them.

The eye of the Chazgul is ever-watching, ever-waiting. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Maybe I need to take back the reigns of debate... then again...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I miss erxie and HoC Sad
[+] 8 users Like Logisch's post
30-01-2013, 03:36 PM
(30-01-2013 02:38 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  First we had the "I miss theists" thread. And a few scattered comments about how all we have anymore is atheists and there are no lively debates anymore.

Right after that, we got a slew of new registrations by several people, all of whom seem utterly clueless, irritating, and only willing to spout their own nonsense and ignore/dismiss anybody who engages them in any threads.

You all know who I mean.

Maybe that's just coincidence. But these guys are soooooo very utterly clueless, defending the most idiotic ideas ever, and they all defend their POV through name calling and nonsense spouting and ignoring any meaningful rebuttals. They are virtually identical in their approach (but not identical in the topics they start), and they are all equally clueless. Bottom-of-the-barrel clueless. Way, way, way beyond the usual theist cluelessness. Way beyond the Ray Comfort cluelessness.

They don't even seem interested in winning any debates. Just trolling. Just stirring the pot.

It strikes my skeptical self as unlikely, perhaps very unlikely, that they all showed up at nearly the same time and they're all the most ignorant bunch of ignoramuses I've seen, at least, I've never seen so many at one time in one place.

So I'm wondering, though I doubt anyone will fess up, is this someone, maybe a mod or long time member, maybe several someones, taking it upon himself/herself to "liven up" the forum by creating a second account and trolling/poeing (is "poeing" a word?), maybe even in response to the "I miss theists" thread?

If so, and if you're the poe, any chance you might want to dial it back a bit?

I think we missed debating theists. That's fun. But this group of nutjobs doesn't debate. They just spout nonsense and ignore replies except to respond with abuse and/or more nonsense. That's not a debate. So really, if you're goal was to entertain us because we missed theists, these guys go too far; way beyond entertaining to just boring nonsense. Please dial it back into the entertaining range.

And, if my assumption here is wrong, if those guys really are unique new forum members, well, not much to do about that except ignore, I suppose. I still can't believe they're really as ignorant as they seem, so either our family is poeing itself or they're new members poeing us, but either way it's useless.

Of course that's my opinion. Some members seem to be enjoying the namecalling fests and dive right in. So maybe it's working for some of us.
Some of us have aged beyond the era of debating, debating I've come to found serves no purpose. So all I do is 'stir the pot' to keep my mind and your mind fresh.

[Image: tumblr_m11jw3sBEy1qbskzqo1_500.gif]

Poes are pretty cool though. I am just one person Skeptic, if some people are out there with different opinions than yours, it doesn't make them ignorant. Instead you should pause to reflect on your own beliefs to see if perhaps you were the one who was wrong.

Before you say I should take my own advice, I do, and that is why I believe what I believe.
[+] 1 user Likes Nappa's post
31-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm afraid I might have been. Didn't mean too, though, it just happened Weeping

I am sorry, so it's penance time, I guess.

[Image: WoodRosary.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post