Is "supernatural" a useful word?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Is "supernatural" a useful word?
(22-08-2016 01:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 01:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Rock, paper scissors is a stupid game for stupid people. It is purely on "luck" no skill or intelligence required.

Are you admitting you couldn't solve the problem you were asked to solve without randomness?

Actually great skill and intellect are required to beat win this game and the only way to negate the skill edge an opponent might have over you is to employ randomness.
Oh, I'd love to gamble with you. Me and my statistics knowledge, you and your great skill and intellect.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 12:56 AM
(22-08-2016 01:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 01:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Are you admitting you couldn't solve the problem you were asked to solve without randomness?

Actually great skill and intellect are required to beat win this game and the only way to negate the skill edge an opponent might have over you is to employ randomness.
Oh, I'd love to gamble with you. Me and my statistics knowledge, you and your great skill and intellect.

I'm not skilled at Rock Paper Scissors I'm pretty good with poker though.
04-09-2016, 03:10 PM
In the "olden days" the night sky was "heaven" where supernatural beings "lived" and played around with the weather etc. They didn't think in terms of electrical energy or quasars so to them this was a "metaphysical world". I think what we do is we take concepts which were quite simple and because the concept is still talked about, we try to give it a modern meaning, rather than treating it as an anachronism