Is the 42% thing accurate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Is the 42% thing accurate?
Creationists keep claiming that their "truth" is not only on the rise but its at 42%. If this were true then we would have already long ago forced the supreme court to stop teaching evolution and creationism and the bible would be 90% of K-12.

So we all know those numbers are complete crap. So just what is the real status on how many people believe in this ancient fairy tale bullshit anyway? Is it falling or rising lately? It seems everyone is tossing large 40's - 80's numbers and not saying where it comes from.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: Is the 42% thing accurate?
According to the Gallup poll 46% hold a creationist view of human origins:

46% Hold Creationist View

The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-07-2014, 01:24 PM
In either case, it is 40% too high if you ask me.

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
16-07-2014, 01:31 PM
(16-07-2014 12:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  According to the Gallup poll 46% hold a creationist view of human origins:

46% with Creationist view, 32% think god guides evolution.
It seems to me that although evolution is being taught in USA schools that either it isn't being taught well, or in general USA people are un-teachable, or in general USA people are closeminded to evidence contrary to their current beliefs.
16-07-2014, 02:15 PM
(16-07-2014 01:31 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 12:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  According to the Gallup poll 46% hold a creationist view of human origins:

46% with Creationist view, 32% think god guides evolution.
It seems to me that although evolution is being taught in USA schools that either it isn't being taught well, or in general USA people are un-teachable, or in general USA people are closeminded to evidence contrary to their current beliefs.

Actually, according to my experience. There is no school that teaches evolution in America. At least not unless your able to pass an algebra I class and are not one of the stupid kids like me and can get into Biology class or some other higher science class.

16-07-2014, 02:20 PM
In America we have the religious hucksters like Ken Ham and Ray Comfort that profit off of the ignorance of Christians. I don't know if any other countries suffer from this quite like we do.

The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-07-2014, 05:55 PM
(16-07-2014 02:15 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 01:31 PM)Stevil Wrote:  46% with Creationist view, 32% think god guides evolution.

Actually, according to my experience. There is no school that teaches evolution in America. At least not unless your able to pass an algebra I class and are not one of the stupid kids like me and can get into Biology class or some other higher science class.

Education is a state issue. Where I went to Hugh school biology was required for graduation, and evolution was a staple of that course. Meaning in order to graduate in the state of TN you had to at least understand the basics about evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
16-07-2014, 08:08 PM
(16-07-2014 05:55 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 02:15 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Actually, according to my experience. There is no school that teaches evolution in America. At least not unless your able to pass an algebra I class and are not one of the stupid kids like me and can get into Biology class or some other higher science class.

Education is a state issue. Where I went to Hugh school biology was required for graduation, and evolution was a staple of that course. Meaning in order to graduate in the state of TN you had to at least understand the basics about evolution.

I envy you a little lol. Then again, I was in special Ed my whole life since like third grade or so.

I never even had to do a senior project or nothing. In fact, I made up like 10-15 credits I was missing during my senior year just by doing crossword puzzles, elementary style spelling and reading lessons and stupid shit like that.

16-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Re: RE: Is the 42% thing accurate?
(16-07-2014 05:55 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 02:15 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Actually, according to my experience. There is no school that teaches evolution in America. At least not unless your able to pass an algebra I class and are not one of the stupid kids like me and can get into Biology class or some other higher science class.

Biology is still a standard for every state, just depends on how harsh the standards are, and there is always exceptions in situation.

Even through normal science courses all my education, evolution was never something directly focused in depth it. Of course it forms the base of biology but you can accept and pass these classes ignoring it and accepting whatever nonsense you like. I had a college biology course recently with a girl in my group that openly didn't believe in evolution as she held her Muslim ideals.

I think the numbers are sadly accurate.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-07-2014, 11:41 PM
At my school, evolution was taught thoroughly and clearly. Most kids still didn't accept it cuz it's not in the bible.