Is the Bell-Curve shifting to the left?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Is the Bell-Curve shifting to the left?
(14-03-2013 07:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hey Julius...fuck you.

Do you think I have invested this much time and money into learning Algebra because I want to fail? There isn't anything I have tried harder to learn.

As for pay and math teachers, my high school Algebra teacher was a nun...no, I don't think she was in it for the money.
I think you are investing a lot in excuses as to why you are going to fail.

I gave you the formula to pass - even if you are not worth a damn at math, and yet you seem to be rejecting it.

Hey...I can lead a Horse to water...and that's all I can do.

Julius
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Fuck you.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
14-03-2013, 08:03 PM
(14-03-2013 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Fuck you.
Zat,

Just wanted to fully expose the nature of the Dead Horse you have been beating. Here it is...in all it's glory!

That Horse never died because you never tried. That Horse died because it thought it was too smart.

Julius
14-03-2013, 08:05 PM
And all your friends.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
14-03-2013, 08:59 PM
(14-03-2013 07:33 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  
(14-03-2013 07:23 PM)Julius Wrote:  No....they teach because somewhere they hope someone will wants to learn - or needs to learn - and they believe that they should enjoy teaching them and helping them succeed.

But that would (or I guess could) be making the incorrect assumption of that leading to them actually having the skills and talent, as educators, to back that up.

Majority of the teachers I had, fucking sucked.

I'd blame it more on the curriculum, then the actual teachers, to some extent, a lot of them complained about No Child Left Behind, for example, but a good deal of them, didn't really have the teaching thing figured out, or just didn't have it in them to be good teachers.

Plus, we had the jaded teachers, as well.
Booo Hooo!

My teachers were BAAAAAAD - and that's why I had so much trouble!

Poooor Baby!

Julius
15-03-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 07:39 AM by Zat.)
A recurring theme in science fiction is a technologically super-advanced civilization that is kept alive by their technology.

Machines make their food, machines build their houses, cure their illness, even design and build new machines and maintain and fix existing ones.

The members of the species have long forgotten how their machines work, no idea how to fix them and lack all basic survival skills on their planet without their technology.

They are now dumbed down to total passive lives of pleasure and self-indulgence.

Guess what happens when their technology fails: they die out.

Is this in store for our species? We seem to be heading that way when more and more of our youth doesn't even know what seven times two is?

Relax, this is not in our future.

We will self-destruct way before we get there.

There is always a silver lining, isn't that nice? Big Grin

PS.

Last fall a grade-6 kid helped me by stacking firewood. I told him I would pay him $8 an hour. He worked for 3 hours and I asked him how much I owed him. He said he didn't have his calculator with him. I told him that I did not need one, I knew that I owed him $16 (just testing). He said: fine, thank you. He was willing to accept my word for eight times three being sixteen. When I told him it was actually 24, he was pleased, took the money and left. Now if this story doesn't make you want to cry then the story was too late for you. Wink
15-03-2013, 08:29 AM
(14-03-2013 08:59 PM)Julius Wrote:  Booo Hooo!

My teachers were BAAAAAAD - and that's why I had so much trouble!

Poooor Baby!

Julius

There goes another false assumption (or two or three), making it quite hypocritical that you seem to be taking the side of the discussion analyzing, and criticizing, the intellect of others.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
15-03-2013, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 04:22 PM by Zat.)
Isn't it tragic that almost all discussions on vitally important issues, potentially affecting the survival of the species, drowns in acrimony of the "fuck you" variety?

This sad fact goes a long way toward explaining why our species is on the path to extinction.

We are too stupid to live.

However, in a way, it proves the point of this thread.

I should be pleased with this vindication.

Strange thing: I am not. Sad
15-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Is the Bell-Curve shifting to the left?
(15-03-2013 04:18 PM)Zat Wrote:  Isn't it tragic that almost all discussions on vitally important issues, potentially affecting the survival of the species, drowns in acrimony of the "fuck you" variety?

This sad fact goes a long way toward explaining why our species is on the path to extinction.

We are too stupid to live.

However, in a way, it proves the point of this thread.

I should be pleased with this vindication.

Strange thing: I am not. :(

Too stupid to live. Right. This is why we've managed to land on our own moon, cure smallpox (mostly?), send a rover to Mars, etc.

If you only look at our negatives you're gonna miss a lot. Humans can do some pretty cool things too.
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
15-03-2013, 04:50 PM
(15-03-2013 04:35 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Humans can do some pretty cool things too.
None of which will save your ass from self-destruction, while you are dumbing down your entire next generation to the point where they can't think things through in a clear, logical way and are hopelessly struggling with basic arithmetic and fundamental concepts of critical thinking.

The few who made it to the moon is just window dressing.