Is the Bible Pro-Life? (answer: no)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: Is the Bible Pro-Life? (answer: no)
(09-05-2014 10:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So far no answer to my question. Just typical evasion.

If we should not be pro life, I fail to see the point of the thread unless it is to show that Christians are supposedly hypocrites, which brings us round about to the point.... why should we not be hypocrites?

Maybe this thread is a thread about peoples opinions or tastes or preferences.

If so, then have at it!

[Image: 2a069b1d66ee549d3829d31c22a557a8_zpsb62654c8.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
09-05-2014, 11:22 AM
(09-05-2014 10:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  So far no answer to my question. Just typical evasion.

If we should not be pro life, I fail to see the point of the thread unless it is to show that Christians are supposedly hypocrites, which brings us round about to the point.... why should we not be hypocrites?

If so, then have at it!

First, we need an objective definition of life. Do that and you'll bring resolution to a contested issue.

Have at it, champ.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
09-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(09-05-2014 11:22 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  

If so, then have at it!

First, we need an objective definition of life. Do that and you'll bring resolution to a contested issue.

Have at it, champ.

I did not post the video. Therefore your question is directed at the wrong person.
09-05-2014, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 12:05 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
Not evasion. You are attempting to change the purpose and point of this thread, to one you feel more comfortable with, and in the process evading the original point of the thread. Typical theist move.

(09-05-2014 10:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If we should not be pro life, I fail to see the point of the thread unless it is to show that Christians are supposedly hypocrites, which brings us round about to the point.... why should we not be hypocrites?

If so, then have at it!
No one said anything about whether we should be pro-life, or not be pro-life. You introduced that question. The concept of "pro-life" is a misunderstanding of conservative theist. It doesn't have any real meaning in the non-black-and-white, but actually nuanced world in which we actually find ourselves in.

Theist try to throw in a "god" concept in order to try to remove and nuance from the world, and to remove the need to deal with difficult issues, that often don't have simple, perfectly clear cut, right and wrong answers. It's a way to evade moral and mental responsibility, and just say "but that's how 'God' wants it". Actual real life, is not that simplistic. You're trying to evade reality, by acquiescing to a "god" concept because it's easier for you than to live in the real, actual world.

But none of that is the point of the video. Yes, the point of the video is that conservative theist are hypocrites, and that they don't know what the fuck is in their favorite book which they cite so fucking often, and...and this is the most important bit..."God" is NOT pro-life, and especially not by the way of the concept for which modern day theist think of "him" or the term as.

09-05-2014, 12:06 PM
(09-05-2014 11:47 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I did not post the video. Therefore your question is directed at the wrong person.

I'm not asking a question about the video; my question was directed at the right person. You asked:
Should people be pro-life? If so, why?

Then you complained nobody answered your question:
So far no answer to my question. Just typical evasion.

I'm offering to answer it if you can offer an objective definition of 'life'. I can't claim to be pro-life or anti-life until you define what life is. So far, nobody has, which makes choosing a side rather difficult. Is life a cell? Many cells? Only humans and animals? Insects?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
09-05-2014, 12:08 PM
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
Not evasion. You are attempting to change the purpose and point of this thread, to one you feel more comfortable with, and in the process evading the original point of the thread. Typical theist move.

(09-05-2014 10:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If we should not be pro life, I fail to see the point of the thread unless it is to show that Christians are supposedly hypocrites, which brings us round about to the point.... why should we not be hypocrites?

If so, then have at it!
No one said anything about whether we should be pro-life, or not be pro-life. You introduced that question. The concept of "pro-life" is a misunderstanding of conservative theist. It doesn't have any real meaning in the non-black-and-white, but actually nuanced world in which we actually find ourselves in.

Theist try to throw in a "god" concept in order to try to remove and nuance from the world, and to remove the need to deal with difficult issues, that often don't have simple, perfectly clear cut, right and wrong answers. It's a way to evade moral and mental responsibility, and just say "but that's how 'God' wants it". Actual real life, is not that simplistic. You're trying to evade reality, by acquiescing to a "god" concept because it's easier for you than to live in the real, actual world.

But none of that is the point of the video. Yes, the point of the video is that conservative theist are hypocrites, and that they don't know what the fuck is in their favorite book which they cite so fucking often, and...and this is the most important bit..."God" is NOT pro-life, and especially not by the way of the concept for which modern day theist think of "him" or the term as.

Ok..

So what?

Is there a point in saying theists are hypocrites? Should they not be?
09-05-2014, 12:10 PM
(09-05-2014 12:08 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok..

So what?

You are a fucking idiot. You will receive no more of my time.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
09-05-2014, 12:14 PM
(09-05-2014 12:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:08 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok..

So what?

You are a fucking idiot. You will receive no more of my time.

Precisely my point. God has made reality in such a way that acknowledging His existence is inescapable.

You cannot help but to make moral judgments because you are a creature with the capacity to make moral judgments. This capacity owes its existence to the fact that God put it there as a testimony to you that you are under obligation.

I know you do not like that idea and wish it were not true but yet you still cant stop making moral judgments.
09-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Why do we bother to answer this fuck stick ? All he's doing is hijacking every thread to suit his own agenda.

Kind of reminds me of DoNotWant and his rape shit, actually the questioning is quite the same as his too. Maybe its something all these delusional religitards have in common. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
09-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(09-05-2014 12:27 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Why do we bother to answer this fuck stick ? All he's doing is hijacking every thread to suit his own agenda.

Kind of reminds me of DoNotWant and his rape shit, actually the questioning is quite the same as his too. Maybe its something all these delusional religitards have in common. Consider

Yeah I get your point and totally agree at this point. He has been shown that his loving imaginary friend is fine with rape, murder....and now being just dandy with a bunch of mindless following hypocrites.

Not much else needs to be said here IMO. Good job as usual Raptor!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post