Is the Catholic Church softening its line on equality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Is the Catholic Church softening its line on equality?
Hi. Anyone who has been following the equal marriage issue will have noticed that the Catholic church seems to have softened the anti-gay stance of late...well since Pope Francis came to office. I have a hunch its all PR related. Here is an article on the issue. http://www.newstiller.com/society/648-th...-new-brand Let me know what you think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Is the Catholic Church softening its line on equality?
They need more penises to play with?
28-04-2013, 11:37 AM
(25-04-2013 02:05 PM)PaulOh Wrote:  Hi. Anyone who has been following the equal marriage issue will have noticed that the Catholic church seems to have softened the anti-gay stance of late...well since Pope Francis came to office. I have a hunch its all PR related. Here is an article on the issue. http://www.newstiller.com/society/648-th...-new-brand Let me know what you think.

If the new pope is somewhat taking a don't ask, don't tell toward homosexuality...it won't last. They'll kill him and make it seem like he died in his sleep.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2013, 12:13 PM
(28-04-2013 11:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:05 PM)PaulOh Wrote:  Hi. Anyone who has been following the equal marriage issue will have noticed that the Catholic church seems to have softened the anti-gay stance of late...well since Pope Francis came to office. I have a hunch its all PR related. Here is an article on the issue. http://www.newstiller.com/society/648-th...-new-brand Let me know what you think.

If the new pope is somewhat taking a don't ask, don't tell toward homosexuality...it won't last. They'll kill him and make it seem like he died in his sleep.

That is not so far-fetched. It's one of the reasons I think he chose not to live in the Pontifical apartments. They said he "likes community", which is likely true. But he's also not so isolated as JPI was, when all they had to do was run down the steps and get to him. He's got a lot more people around him. Also the faces of the guys always with him have changed. I'm kind of looking into what happened to the old faces. Very interesting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Are women equal to men now?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
28-04-2013, 01:38 PM
(28-04-2013 12:58 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  Are women equal to men now?

You can't be serious. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2013, 10:30 AM
(28-04-2013 01:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2013 12:58 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  Are women equal to men now?

You can't be serious. Weeping

I'll take that as a "no". Though millions of women have no problem with the whole "submit to your husband" thing and the fact that women are just chattel in the Bible.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
29-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't see any change. It's still a "sin", it's still not legal. So no.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.