Is the Pope Catholic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Is the Pope Catholic?
(08-09-2015 10:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  In my rather uncharitable opinion, whether consciously or not, he's just making the necessary reforms so that the Catholic church can continue to cash in and not be seen as the outmoded medieval remnant that it is. He's a good poster boy, but that's *why* they call them poster boys. Or altar boys Laughat

I too agree that's it's mostly cynical ploy.

Even so, he's being forced to such drastic measures that he may actually remove a lot of the teeth from Catholicism. If he gets to the point where he states that condoms are allowed and rapey priests must face secular justice, and opens the Vatican's files on the subject to the police, then I'll say that regardless of motive, he's done some good in the world.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-09-2015, 12:45 AM
I think new pope is just PR device. He is supposed to look like nice guy and that's all. Strange thing is this tactic is working; I quite often hear how good he is but in reality what he has done?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-09-2015, 03:08 AM
(09-09-2015 12:45 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I think new pope is just PR device. He is supposed to look like nice guy and that's all. Strange thing is this tactic is working; I quite often hear how good he is but in reality what he has done?

It's pretty pathetic yet it is known a significant PR guy for the pope is a former political PR guy from FoxNews. There is hardly a tinge of anything the Pope has said that isn't, already catholic agenda or teaching but it's spun foolishly.

Like his comments supposedly annoiting Atheists can get into heaven, which had media spin but he was saying is, yes... they still have the ability to get into heaven, if they repent and believe eventually.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-09-2015, 03:14 AM
(08-09-2015 12:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  The wackos over at Suscipe Domine (http://www.suscipedomine.com) must be wailing and gnashing their teeth. Big Grin

It's the end-times. He's the anti-Christ. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-09-2015, 03:26 AM
(09-09-2015 03:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's the end-times.

Izzat what the priests are telling the altar boys these days? Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-09-2015, 09:09 AM
(09-09-2015 03:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's the end-times.

Izzat what the priests are telling the altar boys these days? Tongue

^^^^^

Yeah....I see what you did there......Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-09-2015, 09:41 AM
(08-09-2015 10:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 10:47 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I too agree that's it's mostly cynical ploy.

Even so, he's being forced to such drastic measures that he may actually remove a lot of the teeth from Catholicism. If he gets to the point where he states that condoms are allowed and rapey priests must face secular justice, and opens the Vatican's files on the subject to the police, then I'll say that regardless of motive, he's done some good in the world.

RE: the priests, I completely agree, because once that cat's out of the bag it ain't going back in it ... but condom usage, on the other hand, seems to me much more easily reversible -- and frankly, I don't see that happening because it will undermine the entire Catholic rationale for their catechism on birth control and most importantly, abortion.
09-09-2015, 04:27 PM
(09-09-2015 09:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 10:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  Even so, he's being forced to such drastic measures that he may actually remove a lot of the teeth from Catholicism. If he gets to the point where he states that condoms are allowed and rapey priests must face secular justice, and opens the Vatican's files on the subject to the police, then I'll say that regardless of motive, he's done some good in the world.

RE: the priests, I completely agree, because once that cat's out of the bag it ain't going back in it ... but condom usage, on the other hand, seems to me much more easily reversible -- and frankly, I don't see that happening because it will undermine the entire Catholic rationale for their catechism on birth control and most importantly, abortion.

Yeah. Get the crooked priests using police and courts. Stop requiring the regular priests to vow chastity and let them get some nookie on the side. Admit openly gay priests. Be transparent about it and you actually will drum up some credit for the church.

For the condom thing... I'm actually at a point where I don't actually give too much of a shit, because it's purely a phenomenon where people don't have the good sense to go against a church order. You would *seriously* risk diseases and who knows how many extra kids *just* to avoid wrapping your tool 'cos some old fart in a dress said so? How fucking dumb can you get? I mean, most Catholics have no problem sinning in other areas of their lives so why the fuck do they suddenly abandon responsibility for something so personal and allow some idiot to dictate to them on this issue? Rolleyes I'll never get some people.