Is the Skeptic's Annotaded Bible the greatest weapon against theists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Is the Skeptic's Annotaded Bible the greatest weapon against theists?
I read mine every single day, but most people don't know what it is. The Skeptic's Annotaded Bible is a study bible, but for atheists. It has all the immoral and contradictory quotes in there. It even has them into categories. Also, it doesn't come up with BS excuses like "God can maul 42 little children with bears because he created them", or something like that. I had a study bible before hand and it would make excuses for everything. Should I use this every time a Christian wants to debate me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Is the Skeptic's Annotaded Bible the greatest weapon against theists?
(01-05-2016 07:57 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  Should I use this every time a Christian wants to debate me?

How heavy is it? Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
01-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I use the online SAB if I'm actually drawn into a religious discussion -- but I do my damnedest to avoid such twaddle.
01-05-2016, 12:45 PM
The greatest weapon is asking questions.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
03-05-2016, 03:13 AM
The biggest weapon for me is simply reading the bible itself without god glasses on. It is reading the bible without blindly accepting it as the truth and reading a bad part where god kills those 42 children and NOT telling yourself, oh well mysterious ways, god is good, god created the children so he can do whatever he wants and it will still be good, FUCK NO is the words you need to say when you read shit like that, stand up and realize...there is something terribly, TERRIBLY freaking wrong about this! The greatest weapon is making a person, even if it is just for a single moment, realize that...hey, this one part here is totally fucked up and wrong. Because the moment they realize that, seeing a contradiction without trying to do a bible study to double think themselves into believing both are true will start happening and when that happens it is a matter of time before they start stop believing.

The greatest weapon is to get that very first "wait a minute" reaction from them reading the damn thing.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post