Is the Zeus not the True God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Is the Zeus not the True God?
Of course not , the true God is chuck Norris. Geez . People please read the chuck Norris facts. Your ignorance about chuck Norris is mind blowing.
Rolleyes

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
13-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Borg - you are dreaming in your sleep chamber.

Moving toward heaven & perfection is indeed moving away from knowledge. Perfection & heaven are delusions. Wanting to better yourself through knowledge is admirable.

If I could steer you away from delusion toward knowledge, I would.

All God's, true or false share the same imaginary quality. They only exist in our minds as imaginary figments.

Zeus is no more real than Ra.
You are also free to believe the Borg exist if you want but that belief doesn't magically make it true.

Truth is found in observation.
We try as best we can to match what we observe about the world with our own mental beliefs about the world. I actively try to have as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as I can. Do you ?

Now the question is, how can we determine...what process can we go through, that will show us which beliefs are true and which are false ?

If you don't care if your beliefs are true or not, that's fine. I happen to care if my beliefs are true or not.

To determine the truthfulness of a belief, we need evidence. Without it, we have nothing.

PS - I'm channeling Matt Dillahunty

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-08-2016, 12:00 PM
(13-08-2016 12:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  A human, which moves towards perfection, needs to protect the current position on the way to Heaven, because a wrong step will make him fall back, to the lower level of knowledge. "Too much love can kill you", as they say. Analogous case is with the currently atheistic people. They would much better eat from the physical knowledge, which we are finding in Nature. It is easy to study the false gods, because they are very simple made, made by the material-oriented people. But let us discuss the True God. Already scared aren't you? Don't be! With my help it would be not too hard and even pleasant.

The dear atheistic people do protect their level by blinding the eyes for them not to see the word "True" in very familiar and once used to notion "True God". If all gods are false, there is no reason to talk about the God at all. But we are not happy with our false gods: they can not talk to us, teach us, they can not cuddle us, they can not revenge us like the TV hero Zorro could. Do not afraid: True God am not a (terroristic) idol. True God am not the imagination, True God am not the product of people. The True God am Objectively True, not Subjectively.

See: "True God" is label of the very first life in history. We can label anything as we like. Letters "TRUE GOD" are the label, correct?
We use this label to label the very first life in history. What is wrong with this? Why then I am "Poe"?
Therefore: True God exists, and True God am the Life itself, because without the very first life are no lifes possible.

True God am not subject to the Law, the Law comes from God for the people. Because the True God am the Most High, the True God am the Souverain (the forgotten historic French word) King. Souverainity of our Lord is hard to understand, because today the children have more Political Power, than their unannounced slaves - the parents.

P.S.

It is rude to call me "wrong dead meat for Poe" in public without the proof.

I for one accept that Zeus or Jupiter is the one true God and I have a picture of him which will, I think, persuade others as it did me about this.

http://www.wikigallery.org/wiki/painting...g-Olympias
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
13-08-2016, 01:24 PM
(13-08-2016 12:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  See: "True God" is label of the very first life in history. We can label anything as we like. Letters "TRUE GOD" are the label, correct?
We use this label to label the very first life in history. What is wrong with this?

If you use labels this way then they become meaningless.

I can label a ball of string "TRUE GOD". It won't grant my prayers or guide me to the afterlife.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
13-08-2016, 01:46 PM
If life on earth began as a result of a chance chemical reaction in a heat flume at the bottom of a deep ocean trench, then how useful is it to label this as God? Why pray to it or base a moral life on it?

You can't say, on the one hand, that God is a label for the first life and then ignore what science says about first life because ignorant ancient peoples had mysterious notions of first life and came up with wonderous, elaborate tales which you find appealing.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
13-08-2016, 01:59 PM
(13-08-2016 12:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why then I am "Poe"?

(13-08-2016 06:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I often hope somebody is a poe because the alternative is that they really believe what they are saying.

Agreed. TheBorg, consider this term "Poe" to be a compliment that we're extending to you until you prove not to deserve it anymore. We're saying that we think you're not really insane.
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
13-08-2016, 02:52 PM
(13-08-2016 09:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Labels are made up... there is basically no conversational or knowledge growth in such a miniscule affair.
They say: Jesus Christ am God, God am Love, God am Most High, God am Verity. But what the word is the "God"? God am the label of the very first life in history. So, an ignostic, or even an atheist, can gain now the exact knowledge of that what the theists believe.
13-08-2016, 03:03 PM
(13-08-2016 10:55 AM)Leo Wrote:  Of course not , the true God is chuck Norris. Geez . People please read the chuck Norris facts. Your ignorance about chuck Norris is mind blowing.
Rolleyes

Thumbsup

[Image: death-once-had-photo-u1.jpg]

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
13-08-2016, 03:28 PM
(13-08-2016 02:52 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 09:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Labels are made up... there is basically no conversational or knowledge growth in such a miniscule affair.
They say: Jesus Christ am God, God am Love, God am Most High, God am Verity. But what the word is the "God"? God am the label of the very first life in history. So, an ignostic, or even an atheist, can gain now the exact knowledge of that what the theists believe.

Not am. I think the word you are looking for is is.

I think you're grossly underestimating the conception of what a god is. If you're confused what I mean, read my previous post.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
13-08-2016, 04:35 PM
(13-08-2016 01:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 12:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why then I am "Poe"?

(13-08-2016 06:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I often hope somebody is a poe because the alternative is that they really believe what they are saying.

Agreed. TheBorg, consider this term "Poe" to be a compliment that we're extending to you until you prove not to deserve it anymore. We're saying that we think you're not really insane.

I'm starting to think I was a bit hasty in my earlier Poe assessment of theBorg.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post