Is the double slit experiment the mind game with Holy Spirit?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-10-2016, 04:16 AM
RE: Is the double slit experiment the mind game with Holy Spirit?
(02-10-2016 10:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  P.S. Friends, I record somewhat low activity in
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...an-no-gods
Please, boost it up!

I have posted a thread just for you.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-you-human
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2016, 09:05 AM
(02-10-2016 08:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 09:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  ......... the seven rules are still about a person's behavior and not their beliefs.

How this correlates with:
Quote:3. Do not worship false gods.

???? So, if a person is pagan, he does not believe in idols?

Judaism instructs Jews on how to behave and interact with G-d. It doesn't instruct others, so I can't know that my G-d isn't behind other religions. There is nothing written in the Torah that I'm aware of to suggest that Judaism is the single correct religion for all people. If a person is a part of a culture that complies with the seven laws, then I have every reason to assume that they're doing just fine and that they do not need me to intrude on their lives.

The law forbidding the worship of false gods is referring to bad behaviors associated with paganism, such as human sacrifice. This is not about simply thinking in your head that a pagan god is in charge of the universe. Judaism does not really concern itself with your thoughts and how correct or incorrect your assessments are.

The question about whether you, as a Christian, are an idol worshiper is one that the Jewish community is split on. On the one hand, you're worshiping a human being, which is clearly against Judaism. On the other hand, you're not a Jew, and the rules are different for you. Attributing G-d like status to an emissary might aid a person in relating to G-d, and some people need that in their lives.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
03-10-2016, 09:09 AM
(03-10-2016 09:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 08:56 PM)theBorg Wrote:  How this correlates with:

???? So, if a person is pagan, he does not believe in idols?

Judaism instructs Jews on how to behave and interact with G-d. It doesn't instruct others, so I can't know that my G-d isn't behind other religions. There is nothing written in the Torah that I'm aware of to suggest that Judaism is the single correct religion for all people. If a person is a part of a culture that complies with the seven laws, then I have every reason to assume that they're doing just fine and that they do not need me to intrude on their lives.

The law forbidding the worship of false gods is referring to bad behaviors associated with paganism, such as human sacrifice. This is not about simply thinking in your head that a pagan god is in charge of the universe. Judaism does not really concern itself with your thoughts and how correct or incorrect your assessments are.

The question about whether you, as a Christian, are an idol worshiper is one that the Jewish community is split on. On the one hand, you're worshiping a human being, which is clearly against Judaism. On the other hand, you're not a Jew, and the rules are different for you. Attributing G-d like status to an emissary might aid a person in relating to G-d, and some people need that in their lives.

What's wrong with a little human sacrifice now and then? Consider

Yes, that is a joke.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
03-10-2016, 09:25 AM
(02-10-2016 10:13 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 09:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Everyone thinks their god is a True God.
No one is special.
The people not only can think, they can mock, they can lie, they can kill the souls.

P.S. Friends, I record somewhat low activity in
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...an-no-gods
Please, boost it up!

You've been getting so much activity on your other threads because we're talking among ourselves, and we enjoy tearing apart your idiotic ideas. We'll "boost up" your activity when you write something worth talking about. That's how this process works.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
03-10-2016, 10:18 AM
(03-10-2016 09:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  The law forbidding the worship of false gods is referring to bad behaviors associated with paganism, such as human sacrifice. This is not about simply thinking in your head that a pagan god is in charge of the universe. Judaism does not really concern itself with your thoughts and how correct or incorrect your assessments are.

But it doesn't actually say that; you are interpreting it as meaning that.

The evidence in your book is that your god is a jealous god and demands that your sole worship.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2016, 10:45 AM
(03-10-2016 10:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 09:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  The law forbidding the worship of false gods is referring to bad behaviors associated with paganism, such as human sacrifice. This is not about simply thinking in your head that a pagan god is in charge of the universe. Judaism does not really concern itself with your thoughts and how correct or incorrect your assessments are.

But it doesn't actually say that; you are interpreting it as meaning that.

The evidence in your book is that your god is a jealous god and demands that your sole worship.

Jews have two holy texts. The Talmud expands on the ideas given in the Torah, so we use that to interpret what the Torah says. Much of Jewish law and understanding rides on the Talmud because the details provided in it are crucial to understanding and defining what Judaism is, or isn't.
03-10-2016, 11:50 AM
(03-10-2016 10:45 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 10:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  But it doesn't actually say that; you are interpreting it as meaning that.

Jews have two holy texts. The Talmud expands on the ideas given in the Torah, so we use that to interpret what the Torah says. Much of Jewish law and understanding rides on the Talmud because the details provided in it are crucial to understanding and defining what Judaism is, or isn't.

So, both Talmud and Torah were provided by god?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-10-2016, 12:10 PM
(03-10-2016 11:50 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 10:45 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Jews have two holy texts. The Talmud expands on the ideas given in the Torah, so we use that to interpret what the Torah says. Much of Jewish law and understanding rides on the Talmud because the details provided in it are crucial to understanding and defining what Judaism is, or isn't.

So, both Talmud and Torah were provided by god?

According to Jewish teachings, the Talmud, or the oral Torah, are the explanations and details given from G-d, to the Jewish people through Moses, and then passed down through the generations. The Torah brushes things with a broad stroke, and the Talmud brings it all into focus. To prevent its loss, the Talmud was finally written down after the Jews were forced into diaspora, close to 2000 years ago.

These books are both essential in defining Judaism.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
03-10-2016, 11:05 PM
(02-10-2016 03:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 01:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Correct. The True Christians were recognized as the "true atheists" by the Roman Authorities.
Wrong, try again.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
04-10-2016, 12:59 AM
(02-10-2016 03:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 01:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Correct. The True Christians were recognized as the "true atheists" by the Roman Authorities.

Please dont demonstrably lie on this forum, arent you embarassed by yourself at all? Are your standards for bing a decent human so low? There is about nothing in this universe i would probably agree on with you, and i didnt in this case.
You just picked my post to keep the chain of your trolling attempts going. Fuck you, asshole

So leave me out of your trolling attempts in the future pleae, you rotten shitstain of a troll.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post