Is the double slit experiment the mind game with Holy Spirit?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
30-09-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Is the double slit experiment the mind game with Holy Spirit?
(30-09-2016 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:17 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not mess your atheism with my theism.

Then don't bring your theism to an atheist group. Drinking Beverage

Or, for that matter, into a public square with atheists in it. We're on streets and in cafes and so on, too, not just in atheist forums. If you don't want anyone to disagree with your opinions, then don't bring up your opinions around people who might disagree with them. Otherwise, be prepared for disagreement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
30-09-2016, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 01:53 PM by Gloucester.)
(30-09-2016 01:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The atheists have the notion of sin. It is really simple: the sin is what you will never do - you would prefer to die, than to do a sin.

Sin is a religious word, like heaven, hell, satan and god. Atheists refer to bad things as being against the law or inhuman or irrational.

Or insanity.

Edit: I will retract that, the truly insane are not guilty of crime, if their condition has a biological origin they canmot be called sinners either.

Now, hmm, biological condition . . . . Think I asked you about your medication before, Borgie.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
30-09-2016, 02:07 PM
(30-09-2016 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:17 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not mess your atheism with my theism.

Then don't bring your theism to an atheist group. Drinking Beverage

I have to agree with this, theBorg.

Just for the record, we know that you're addressing an audience that doesn't agree with you and you lack the skills and abilities to convince anyone to adopt your views. You can't even clearly convey your ideas to be understood. Now you're asking them not to get their atheism on your theism?

You come into their house and tell them not to sit on their own sofa? Seriously?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
30-09-2016, 02:37 PM
(30-09-2016 02:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then don't bring your theism to an atheist group. Drinking Beverage

I have to agree with this, theBorg.

Just for the record, we know that you're addressing an audience that doesn't agree with you and you lack the skills and abilities to convince anyone to adopt your views. You can't even clearly convey your ideas to be understood. Now you're asking them not to get their atheism on your theism?

You come into their house and tell them not to sit on their own sofa? Seriously?

We have had this from him before.

This is OUR forum Bogus, you come here and behave by our rules or . . . Well, you know what happens!

You have only your own righteous stupidity to blame.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
30-09-2016, 02:57 PM
(30-09-2016 01:15 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The supernatural (miracles, freewill, Holy Fire, etc) is part of reality, which is not "natural". Do not be so pessimistic, all is there!
Yes, they exist, but only in your imagination.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-09-2016, 03:04 PM
My current leading guess -- and I acknowledge that it is only a guess right now -- is that Borgy's from some country where Eastern Orthodoxy is protected by custom or law from blasphemy. Like Greece or (more likely given his use of Cyrillic) Russia. Some place where you can get stiff fines or jail time for publicly speaking out against religion.

This would explain his automatic, ingrained sense of privilege where his religion is concerned, his sense that no one is allowed to say anything harsh against it. It also explains his complete incapacity for recognizing whether science supports his position or mustering logical arguments against people who voice disagreement with the religion -- he's been fed dogma all his adult life and had never heard a strong, honestly-represented countervailing opinion before. If this is true, he has been left weak and incompetent by the powers that sheltered him from anything that would test him and force him to grow stronger, and he has been very ill-prepared by those who think his church and faith are so fragile that mere words can harm it. For that, if nothing else, he would deserve our pity.
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
30-09-2016, 03:12 PM
(30-09-2016 12:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  My soul feels the presence of Holy Spirit

[Image: 527cc1e0263cf3a66470a43909dbb1e7.jpg]

Though a thread with "double slit" in the title could have been much much worse.

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
30-09-2016, 03:32 PM
(30-09-2016 03:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 12:03 PM)theBorg Wrote:  My soul feels the presence of Holy Spirit

[Image: 527cc1e0263cf3a66470a43909dbb1e7.jpg]

Though a thread with "double slit" in the title could have been much much worse.

You must have the same kind of dirty mind as I do.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Me reading the thread title:
No you idiot, it's not.

Me reading the thread:
Oh good he's gone completely insane. Joy.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
30-09-2016, 06:56 PM
(30-09-2016 01:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  It is really simple: the sin is what you will never do - you would prefer to die, than to do a sin.

Well, I really can't think of many situations where that would apply to Me. I went to an actual orgy once and didn't feel even a slight need to kill Myself over it. On the other hand, the idea of becoming a Christian fills Me with such horror that I'd do virtually anything to prevent it.

Therefore, in My worldview orgies are fine but Christianity is a sin. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post