Is the future predetermined?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: Is the future predetermined?
(07-02-2017 06:52 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Physics says, well, maybe, possibly, yes...

Physics suggests that the future is already set in stone

There's a BBC video on the page that's almost 6 minutes long. Take the time & watch it, it's pretty cool stuff.

Yeah, I've got nothing. I've mentioned how the past shows the future blah blah.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2017, 04:17 AM
(08-03-2017 04:07 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 02:24 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Physics has principle limitation: it can not predict the future. Correct? Here the freewill comes in.

Wrong again. It can. It predicts that when i let this pen in my hand go, it will drop...at an acceleration of 9,81m/s^2, more or less. ...........

There are 1) Laws, and 2) Freedom in Nature: the double slit experiment (with no detector at slits). The Quantum Physics fundamentally can not predict the place of impact (the photon and the screen).
08-03-2017, 04:29 AM
(08-03-2017 02:24 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Physics has principle limitation: it can not predict the future. Correct? Here the freewill comes in.

Of course it can. Go and chuck an apple off the nearest cliff tomorrow. Physics predicts that it'll move towards the earth very quickly.

Are you confident that the sun will rise tomorrow morning? Assuming that you are, then you can thank a prediction made by physics.

Conversely, the Abrahamic bible never once predicted any future event with certainty. (Other than the foreseeable, few laughable and creative interpretations by rabid Christian zealots such as theBorg.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
08-03-2017, 06:21 AM
(08-03-2017 04:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

Of course it can. Go and chuck an apple off the nearest cliff tomorrow. Physics predicts that it'll move towards the earth very quickly.

if the Bob will not catch it first. Drooling
08-03-2017, 06:30 AM
(08-03-2017 04:17 AM)theBorg Wrote:  There are 1) Rudiments.
Free stroke.
The double stroke roll. Paradiddle etc.

They can be practiced using The Allan Dawson Rudimental Ritual (the notes on the page.).

Now I can understand it. SmartassSmartassSmartass

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
08-03-2017, 12:34 PM
The atoms/particles in chemicals are subject to Uncertainty. That's not "making choices". Their pathways are not "determined".

"Free will", in the sense that any possible outcome could be chosen" is false. Sentient beings can chose to change their long-term outcomes, to some degree. "Free will" (in the moral sense ... being completely aware of all the elements entering a choice, and making a conscious decision based on those elements, has been proven false by science).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-03-2017, 12:37 PM
(08-03-2017 06:21 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Physics has principle limitation: it can not predict the future. Correct?

No.
It is 100% certain that you will post another idiotic piece of shit in the very near future.

Facepalm

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2017, 12:46 PM
(08-03-2017 12:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The atoms/particles in chemicals are subject to Uncertainty. That's not "making choices". Their pathways are not "determined".

"Free will", in the sense that any possible outcome could be chosen" is false. Sentient beings can chose to change their long-term outcomes, to some degree. .........

In the long therm the Statistics is natural, but in every single shot of the photon - freewill. It is the Law and Freedom in the Nature. Like the Song of Ice and Fire. "Ice" - Law, "Fire" - Freedom.
08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
(08-03-2017 12:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The atoms/particles in chemicals are subject to Uncertainty. That's not "making choices". Their pathways are not "determined".

"Free will", in the sense that any possible outcome could be chosen" is false. Sentient beings can chose to change their long-term outcomes, to some degree. .........

In the long therm the Statistics is natural, but in every single shot of the photon - freewill. It is the Law and Freedom in the Nature. Like the Song of Ice and Fire. "Ice" - Law, "Fire" - Freedom.

Nope. Particles do not "make decisions". There is no "will" involved.

08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
(08-03-2017 12:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  In the long therm the Statistics is natural, but in every single shot of the photon - freewill. It is the Law and Freedom in the Nature. Like the Song of Ice and Fire. "Ice" - Law, "Fire" - Freedom.

Can someone please translate this for me?