Is the future predetermined?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: Is the future predetermined?
(08-03-2017 12:48 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  In the long therm the Statistics is natural, but in every single shot of the photon - freewill. It is the Law and Freedom in the Nature. Like the Song of Ice and Fire. "Ice" - Law, "Fire" - Freedom.

Can someone please translate this for me?

Certainly. It means

Bla bla bla. Bla bla bla bla. Bla bla bla.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2017, 01:07 PM
I prefer the query to examine if the past is determined or reconstructable?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-03-2017, 01:11 PM
(08-03-2017 12:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:46 PM)theBorg Wrote:  In the long therm the Statistics is natural, but in every single shot of the photon - freewill. It is the Law and Freedom in the Nature. Like the Song of Ice and Fire. "Ice" - Law, "Fire" - Freedom.

Nope. Particles do not "make decisions". There is no "will" involved.

Then you need the Jesus Christ to make decisions for the particles.
08-03-2017, 01:28 PM
(08-03-2017 01:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Particles do not "make decisions". There is no "will" involved.

He has nothing better to do ?
He's a busy guy. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-03-2017, 01:48 PM
(08-03-2017 12:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Particles do not "make decisions". There is no "will" involved.

"The" Jesus Christ? You mean there's only one? Damn! I am disappoint.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-03-2017, 04:23 PM

Is this your attempt at humor?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-03-2017, 04:32 PM

Wow. You mean your Jebus plays with your "particles". Wink.

08-03-2017, 06:17 PM
(07-02-2017 06:52 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Physics says, well, maybe, possibly, yes...

Physics suggests that the future is already set in stone

There's a BBC video on the page that's almost 6 minutes long. Take the time & watch it, it's pretty cool stuff.

Why and what for would that even matter, if "the future is predetermined" or not? Why is that considered as a valid existential question at all?

To me, it's like asking the "if a tree falls in the forrest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?" It doesn't matter. It's a merely philosophical question who's answer does not make a difference. Like totally not.

Dental medicine of the last 100 years makes a difference. We don't die from having rotten teeth. Medicine as such of the last 100 years makes a difference because we don't die from all sort of bakteria infections. The fact of social improvements like free health-care, unemployment-insurance, retirement-insurace, free education, having accurate and well thought out constitutions, etc. makes a difference.

A lot of scientific discoveries make a difference. But asking, "is the future predetermined" just freaking doesn't!

Get a decent job and let a homeless person live in your appartement instead of asking meaningless and unimportant (merely philosophical) questions, companiero.

That will make a difference.
09-03-2017, 03:07 AM
(08-03-2017 06:17 PM)Billanja Wrote:  ...
Why and what for would that even matter, if "the future is predetermined" or not? Why is that considered as a valid existential question at all?
It's a merely philosophical question who's answer does not make a difference. Like totally not.

I beg to differ.

Mohamed's buddies did, if I can get technical, a shitload of fucking, slaughtering and pillaging because ... "It is written."

Believing that whatever happens, whatever is (including a non-believer's atheism, incidentally) and whatever will be (world without end (blah-de-blah)) has already been predetermined by Allah, means that they could do whatever they wanted (good or bad; right or wrong) and it must be good and right because it is the will of Allah.

Had the experiment by Benjamin Libet in the 1980s or that undertaken by Chun Siong Soon et al been taken at face value, without the intervention of some Philosophers, we'd be in the same boat as Mo's marauding mobsters.

In other words, we'd have no penal codes because the defense will be "It wasn't my fault, my genes / my environment / my brain / quantum particles / my god made me do it."

Unsure

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Is the future predetermined?

Uh. Probably?

It certainly seems probabilistic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]