Is the human race to smart to survive{just for fun question}?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Is the human race to smart to survive{just for fun question}?
I know this sounds silly but hear out these three problems.

1. ,men and women are becoming aware of each others nature. the men especially. this will lead to the men not wanting to date women and the women not wanting to give in making a Mexican baby stand off with no mating in site. in fact were learning so much about our own nature that we are going against it because we don't like it.

2. we have never in history been able to wipe ourselves off the planet till now but well no w we can.

3. in out mad race to cure all illness we come up with the fact that there are people which naturally would of died of do to hereditary illness that now evolving into the population and may become the next threat.

p.s. I don't think it will be our intelligence that kills us but these three problems seem to vote yes to that proposition.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Is the human race to smart to survive{just for fun question}?
Quote:1. ,men and women are becoming aware of each others nature. the men especially. this will lead to the men not wanting to date women and the women not wanting to give in making a Mexican baby stand off with no mating in site. in fact were learning so much about our own nature that we are going against it because we don't like it.

[Image: OpoQQ.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
13-11-2013, 09:36 PM
apparentily you haven't been keeping up with the herbivore men and men going their own way movments lol.. that's ok

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
13-11-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 10:06 PM by ridethespiral.)
I dunno how valid your reasoning is... Beside the nuclear winter part...

The basic premise is a classic though for a variety of reasons. From antibiotic resistance and super bugs to environmental destruction this century will be the beginning of the end or just the beginning.

Either the tech gets so advanced that our problems are easily solved or we wind up in the dark ages part duex, victims of fossil fueled progress trap, a few pockets of humanity left, misery and squalor all around.

I doubt we will totally wipe ourselves out, but we can certainly put ourselves back 2000 years in the blink of an eye. I also doubt the earth can support us in our present form and present numbers, with our present consumption for much longer....

Most likely I think transhumanism will emerge as the solution as society begins to collapse. The collapse will force us to embrace digital existence or die, populations will be cut drastically as people transition away from organic existence, people will become interconnected and petty quarrels and the divisions of race and nationality will fade away etc. We will live through the internet on a ruined earth. Space travel may come in time but it's to expensive to be a solution now.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
13-11-2013, 10:17 PM
(13-11-2013 09:59 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I doubt we will totally wipe ourselves out, but we can certainly put ourselves back 2000 years in the blink of an eye....

I agree with your premise, but I doubt we would be able to destroy enough history and technology that we would ever regress by 2000 years.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
14-11-2013, 04:26 AM
too*

We are either too smart or too stupid. Take your pick.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-11-2013, 07:16 AM
There will always be some techphobic cult that can continue
Breeding the human race.
I'm on the steam early access beta for digital conscious upload.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
15-11-2013, 08:25 PM
(14-11-2013 04:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  too*

We are either too smart or too stupid. Take your pick.

I'm with.... Blink

Oh, I see.
Drinking Beverage Nice.
15-11-2013, 08:30 PM
(13-11-2013 10:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 09:59 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I doubt we will totally wipe ourselves out, but we can certainly put ourselves back 2000 years in the blink of an eye....

I agree with your premise, but I doubt we would be able to destroy enough history and technology that we would ever regress by 2000 years.

I don't necessarily mean that it would take 2000 years to get here again, but an outbreak of nuclear war or a few EMP blasts and it will take humanity a century or more to recover and until it does we will be living like the Amish...only without established farms and livestock...So it will probably be more like Fallout sans super mutants.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user