Is the pope fucking serious?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2011, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 09:49 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
Is the pope fucking serious?
Quote:Pope Benedict XVI calls for 'radical evangelism' to tackle modern society’s 'amnesia' about God

Full english article.

Full spanish article for those who understand spanish.

Hi there, its been a while since the last time I posted something, I've been busy, but I'm still alive Big Grin.

Now, I'm really pissed of because of the statements made by Darth Sidious Angry.

Is he fucking serious? Is he playing the "Science leads to evil" speech? How dare he? Really, HOW IN THE NAME OF TIMOTHY FUCK DARE TO VOMIT THAT SPEECH!?

Is he really trying to encourage christian/catholic fundies to become even more radical? What the hell is he trying to acomplish? Is he trying to start a new religious conflict, a new inquisition, a return into another Dark Age?

[Image: n129753_i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_plan...;amp;h=178]

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2011, 11:06 PM
RE: Is the pope fucking serious?
First, let me commend you on making a thread title that actually grabbed my attention; a rarity these days.

Second, I didn't read the article but it sounds like the Pope is commanding people to "step it up a notch." Let me just say that I'm an advocate of this. The more evangelical people become, the more exposed the true nature of the religion becomes. Moderates are largely unaware of their texts, and constantly dismissing evangelists as "crazy." I think that seeing their religion for what it is might make most people come to their senses.

I just hope that there doesn't need to be a plague of "fag drags" behind pickup trucks or abortion clinics burnt down before people realize this. But then again, since when do any Catholics actually listen to the Pope?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2011, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 11:28 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
(19-08-2011 11:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Since when do any Catholics actually listen to the Pope?

Well there is a legion of Darth Sidious followers named JMJ: "Jornada Mundial de la Juventud". Its a group of zombies that try to sell out the idea about the youth following the pope's teachings.

Also, I've been chatting on a spanish atheist chat, and from what I've heard, there are a lot of people who follow this man, and the police was trying to stop the march of people who were against the pope's visit in Madrid.

And the piece of the crown came when I read an article about a catholic fundie (mexican to my disgrace Sad) who was caught trying to smmugle a chemical bomb in order to stop atheist organizations from marching against the pope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZTndHJuwE

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Reading the article:

Quote:He also warned of “utilitarian” teaching and said that education was more than training for work but should lead the young to “love, reason and faith”.

Reason AND faith? Now here's a contradiction...

Quote:“This is all the more important today when we see a certain 'eclipse of God’ taking place, a kind of amnesia which, albeit not an outright rejection of Christianity, is nonetheless a denial of the treasure of our faith, a denial that could lead to the loss of our deepest identity.”

True, without the morals of an ancient book, I'm not capable of distinguishing good and evil. This morning alone, I set fire to three houses and robbed a bank. Then I bought a pound of crack and and beat my girlfriend into the hospital. Since I'm an atheist, I'm not capable of knowing if this is right or wrong. I'm having such an identity crisis here. Oh, if only someone could help me...

Quote:“It seems that nowadays the mission of a university professor is exclusively that of forming competent and efficient professionals capable of satisfying the demand for labour at any time,” he said in a speech inside the Basilica.

Young people needed authentic teachers, he said, “those who, above all, are convinced of our human capacity to advance along the path of truth.”

Proof, you senile fossil! Proof!
Your book has been debunked. There are loads of crap in it. You've been studying it your entire life. How can you NOT have seen the contradictions, the fallacies, unfairness and outright lies?
University students need to be prepared for the real life, but they also learn to think. Most of my time went to writing papers, using good and reliable sources. Sources that used a logical, rational and scientific approach to describe events. If you take that away, you create zombies. Zombies that recite dogma without question. If that is what you want, there is no need for schooling. Question everything, even the act of questioning itself. Sapere aude!

Ratzinger,

You are one of the most perverted individuals I have ever seen. The very sight of you makes me cringe. Your time in the Hitler Youth, that I can forgive, you were young and foolish and indoctrinated. But since then, you have become an adult, a man that has seen the world, a person who got the opportunity to ask questions. You never questioned your faith. A child can see the foolishness of religion, why can't you? I wouldn't mind it if you kept your sick and perverted ideas private, but you don't.

You use that influence to make the world a worse place than it already is. Gay people aren't the enemy. Prisons aren't filled with atheists. Science doesn't sicken your mind. Yet those are your enemies. The problem is elsewhere. Why can't you see that?

I think I know. It's because the real problem... is you!

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
20-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Pope palpitine strikes again. MasterRottweiler don't get angry he can feel your anger he wants you to embrace the darkside aka catholisism.

Going on my own experience from being from a catholic family and knowing alot of Catholics I can say for certain the majority don't take him literally mainly respect him.
Due to shit like sectarianism in this country I beleive alot of Catholics here only support the pope purely as a fuck you to the Protestants in the same way the Protestants support the queen and take part in the orange walks as a fuck you to the Catholics. I think If the sectarianism disappeared almost noone would even listen to pope palpitine.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
20-08-2011, 06:18 AM
This article is very good, what is all the fuss about it? In this article we can see that the Catholic church has less and less real members, so poor Ratzinger, sorry Palpatine tries to get more of these "lost sheep" back to his bosom, but I don't think his visits will make much of a difference, yes, sure, people are full of Holly Spirit (or BS, call it as you prefer) after his visit, but it all wears out couple of days after he is gone, the power of the dark side can not linger long without the Emperor to support it and give it power. So when he returns to his Sith Temple, his dark influence slowly fades away... Worry not young Jedi, for we believe in the Light, stay with the Light, embrace it, you will feel it's power over you. May the Force be with you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post