Is there a Political Compass variant that deals with Religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Question Is there a Political Compass variant that deals with Religion?
I assume all of you are aware of the Political Compass tests online that tell you where you are politically (libertarian liberal, libertarian conservative, centrist, moderate, statist liberal, statist conservative, or what have you). And your results are shown on a grid:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=political+...24&bih=475

Is there something similar for Religions? Abrahamic Jewish, Abrahamic Christian, Abrahamic Muslim, in one corner and something else in the other. Or something along those lines. Or maybe one that deals with Atheism? Agnosticism, Gnosticism, Atheism, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: Is there a Political Compass variant that deals with Religion?
Yes.
[Image: belief_compass.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Not that I know of, but sounds like a good idea for an app that would be somewhat easy to build.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
23-10-2012, 01:51 PM
This quiz isn't too bad: http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Q...Matic.aspx

"Your beliefs match closest with Secular Humanism!"

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-10-2012, 11:19 PM
(23-10-2012 01:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This quiz isn't too bad: http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Q...Matic.aspx

Secular humanism as well. The test looks promising. I'll try to approach it from Norse mythology to see what comes up.

I see one of the other results is 'Atheism and Agnosticism' and wonder how I could have answered differently.
23-10-2012, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 12:01 AM by Dark Light.)
(23-10-2012 11:19 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This quiz isn't too bad: http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Q...Matic.aspx

Secular humanism as well. The test looks promising. I'll try to approach it from Norse mythology to see what comes up.

I see one of the other results is 'Atheism and Agnosticism' and wonder how I could have answered differently.

Same here, I'm actually kind of surprised. I would like to think I am a secular humanist, but didn't think my answers would match. I would rate the quiz as pretty good considering it's length. That being said I don't think this is what he was looking for.

Am I right in thinking you was looking for something that would tell you your political leanings based on your belief system? If so, good luck. I am quite sure they are all shit.

24-10-2012, 09:59 AM
(23-10-2012 11:19 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Secular humanism as well. The test looks promising. I'll try to approach it from Norse mythology to see what comes up.

I noticed that you can determine the importance of your answer for each question. Perhaps marking the answers that adress the existence of a deity as "highly important" will result in atheism. I didn't change anything at the importance settings.