Is there a doctor in the house? How to treat cuts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: Is there a doctor in the house? How to treat cuts.
(24-04-2013 09:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  As an after-thought; Why would anybody say to soak an open cut in Hydrogen Peroxide? Last I heard Hydrogen peroxide is toxic to the human body...

Because some people still think it's a magical panacea. My dad used to do that kind of shit, he thought if you soaked an infection in it enough times the infection would go away.

As far as I know, the only thing hydrogen peroxide is good for is when you get blood stains on your clothes. It's what's in OxyClean. (I'm accident-prone and have much experience with trying to get blood out of my shirts.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Well, it's also true that Peroxide kills bacteria. So in days gone by that's all they knew and it became a go-to thing for decades. Then they found out it kills everything, the tissue too...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, I never knew better, that is until this thread, so the mythology behind H202 continues on....Oh, as an update I'm about 95% healed up! Only a small scab and minor sensitivity so thanks to all.

PS, I have been using my table saw with no ill side effects so far, can't get cocky. In either sense of the word.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post