Is there a good christian site i could look at being "Agnostic"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Is there a good christian site i could look at being "Agnostic"
So out of being curious i decided to adventure onto a christian web site to see there opinions. And i found something that stated they have the right to edit your posts
my face just went "Wow, hold on a second" shouldn't it be "Lock or delete" Something along them lines but no they added edit, that was very questionable. I didn't trust that at all i mean who wants their words being messed around with because so and so doesn't like it even if the words are respectful but in my experiences they don't often know when something even is rude. I could be wrong however i didn't trust it and left. They even had other religions but no section to post your thoughts on the other side, only had that one for believers! haha
is there another site where a agnostic like me can go to that is more of a place with good forms and good rules set? Wink
I'm not planning on changing, i just want to explore and see others views on that end even if i often don't agree with them.

But let me guess all of them sites are judgmental anyways.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Is there a good christian site i could look at being "Agnostic"
(08-01-2015 11:28 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  So out of being curious i decided to adventure onto a christian web site to see there opinions. And i found something that stated they have the right to edit your posts
my face just went "Wow, hold on a second" shouldn't it be "Lock or delete" Something along them lines but no they added edit, that was very questionable. I didn't trust that at all i mean who wants their words being messed around with because so and so doesn't like it even if the words are respectful but in my experiences they don't often know when something even is rude. I could be wrong however i didn't trust it and left. They even had other religions but no section to post your thoughts on the other side, only had that one for believers! haha
is there another site where a agnostic like me can go to that is more of a place with good forms and good rules set? Wink
I'm not planning on changing, i just want to explore and see others views on that end even if i often don't agree with them.

We edit posts in the Personal Issues and Support section if someone attacks the OP -- but only if other options aren't available. Sometimes a post will start off fine, but then run off the rails with silliness that can be construed as offensive.

But that's the only time because it's (in my opinion) a bad policy overall.

We also don't generally delete posts for that same reason.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
If it's Christian-run, they will likely have anti-blasphemy rules. How those are interpreted vary from site to site, mod to mod, and poster to poster. For example: I used to post at WorthyChristianForums and was known for being quite polite (who knew, right!?). I was polite to the point where one mod PMed me complaining that softly, cleverly worded posts were more dangerous than overtly rude ones. They didn't like that I was following their ToS while saying dissenting things.

So they got creative with their ToS and gave me a soft ban. I'm still a member, but I can't post. Realize this is likely the playing field you are entering if you post on a Christian-run site.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-01-2015, 12:14 PM
well.. "good" is an unknown but there is good ole Egor/Gordon's site

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Try: http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Look at Religion & Spirituality (where discussion of religion of any kind is fine, though the discourse is dominated by atheists, agnostics and fundamentalist Christians, mostly).

Under that:

Atheism & Agnosticism -- very good, proselytization-free zone
Christianity -- they mostly fight with each other over theological trivia but unbelievers can post if they're reasonably respectful
Buddhism
Islam
etc

Main problem with city-data is that the moderation is prudish (absolutely no cussing of any kind) and at times draconian compared to here -- a holdover from more general travel and locale-specific forums on that site where they are trying to force civility and keep things impersonal. But I put up with it because the quality of discourse is generally pretty good, even when you interact with the laughably out-of-touch fundevangelists.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
08-01-2015, 01:16 PM
(08-01-2015 12:01 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I was polite to the point where one mod PMed me complaining that softly, cleverly worded posts were more dangerous than overtly rude ones. They didn't like that I was following their ToS while saying dissenting things.
BowingBowingBowing
Robby Wins The Internet for getting kicked off a Christian debate site for turning the other cheek.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
(08-01-2015 11:28 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  is there another site where a agnostic like me can go
I have no knowledge of agnostic forums.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
(08-01-2015 11:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:28 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  So out of being curious i decided to adventure onto a christian web site to see there opinions. And i found something that stated they have the right to edit your posts

We edit posts in the Personal Issues and Support section if someone attacks the OP -- but only if other options aren't available. Sometimes a post will start off fine, but then run off the rails with silliness that can be construed as offensive.

But that's the only time because it's (in my opinion) a bad policy overall.

We also don't generally delete posts for that same reason.

And when posts are edited here, its more of what I would call deletion. Moms (usually) will open your post, delete the nasty stuff, and then write in her bold pink that it was edited and why.

Its obvious and not an under handed or hidden edit. No one tweaks your message.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
08-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:is there another site where a agnostic like me can go to that is more of a place with good forms and good rules set?

Well, I just looked up my old church and lo and behold, they have a forum:

http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php

Their code of conduct passes the sniff test, which doesn't surprise me much. The UCC is about as liberal as you can get without being UU. They started accepting openly gay candidates for ministers back when Reagan was in power and ordained the first one before Bush the First got the boot.

Other than that, your best bet is probably an independent site that isn't run by either camp but permits both. The downside to that is that you will run across some of the worst from both sides.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
08-01-2015, 02:29 PM
(08-01-2015 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  well.. "good" is an unknown but there is good ole Egor/Gordon's site

They are probably looking for a site with more activity than Gordon's multiple sock puppets and his dogs account.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley